Three: We Got Scars on Our Future Hearts But We Never Look Back

HER

"My Three Musketeers!" I greeted as I approached the table where Jeron, AvO, and Kib were waiting.

Even though my birthday was a month ago, I decided to celebrate it tonight with these guys as I owe them more than free dinner.

"Grabe ka magpa-miss, girl!" Kib said as he enveloped me in a hug.

"Sorry na, boy." I replied. We've called each other 'boy' and 'girl' ever since the first time we met.

"We thought you weren't going to come." AvO joked when it was his turn to hug me.

"Hey, stop with the guilt trip already!" I laughed when I let go.

"Are we still going to hug?" I chuckled at Jeron. "Kakakita lang natin a week ago e."

"So may secret meetings na kayo, ganun?" Kib asked playfully.

"Nag-date kasi sila ni ahia." Jeron replied.

"Ahia as in Jeric? You do have a thing for basketball players." AvO said with a meaningful smile.

"Stop spreading false rumors, Jeron." I smacked his arm. "I was in GH kasi then I bumped into Jeric. Tapos sabi niya pupunta din daw si Jeron so ayun we waited for him."

"But before that nakapag-arcade pa sila and ice cream." Jeron added.

"E kasi you were so tagal!"

"Chill lang, girl. Wag masyado defensive para hindi napapaghalataan." Kib teased.

"Ugh. I don't even know why I missed you guys." I told them as the waitress began to distribute the menu.

My eyes were already satisfied with the photos of sushi on the menu. I wanted to try all the different sushi but of course that would be gluttony so I was debating hard on which roll to choose.

"Jeron, can you wipe the drool off Reese's mouth?" AvO, who was sitting across us, joked.

"Grabe siya o. I'm aware of my bodily functions pa naman!" I retorted and turned my attention back to the heavenly rolls of delight.

While I was busy appreciating the menu, the guys chose that moment to give me a bouquet of yellow roses while greeting me "Belated happy birthday!"

"Uy namiss talaga nila ako!Thanks, guys!" I glanced at the bouquet and noticed a thin rectangular box which upon opening revealed a silver bracelet.

"Dahil gala ka, this one's for you." Jeron said as he retrieved from his pocket an airplane charm and attached it to the chain.

"Here's a camera charm because you like taking photos and being good at it." AvO smiled as he did the same.

"For the girl who's into vintage stuff." Kib remarked as he secured the pocket watch charm into the bracelet.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting any of this. The idea was to enjoy a good dinner with these guys so we could catch up.

"Bakit ang sweet sweet niyo? Kainis." I uttered with a light tone.

"That was two years worth of gifts. Kasama na rin Christmas gifts." Jeron grinned.

"Have I ever mentioned you three are my favorite guys of all time?" I beamed like a little girl.

"Not really. You should put that in writing." AvO joked.

sayreese:
roses and charms from my favorite guys ♡ thank you jeronteng kibmontalbo arnoldvanopstal #MyTresMarias LOL (link to photo)