| forty four ; goodbyes and new encounters

Start from the beginning

"ashborn has deleted the system once jin-woo chose to return to reality as the new shadow monarch," lucia answered. "naturally, i am to disappear as well."

"but you can't go," y/n interjected. "i haven't used my powers like you. i haven't reached my full potential. can't you stay a little longer?"

lucia stood back up, pushing a lock of y/n's hair behind her ear, "nonsense. you've already gained control of my powers. there is no need for me to teach you anymore. you've become stronger than me."

"please, stay," y/n pleaded. "you can't leave me too."

lucia smiled and said, "you'll do fine without me."

y/n looked down, much to lucia's dismay. lucia pulled y/n to one of her pillars and sat her down.

"you know, i've grown attached to you. since you were a little child, i've always been watching you. i loved you like you were my own child from the shadows, knowing that i would one day leave."

y/n looked up at lucia as the woman sighed. "for the first time, i wished i lived an immortal life so that i could've watched over you forever. unfortunately, fate wasn't on my side."

lucia's blue eyes looked at y/n and grabbed hold of the younger one's hands, "ashborn has told me of my origins long ago. now, i feel like it's time for me to tell you."

y/n raised her eyebrow after hearing about lucia's origin.

"i am the younger sister of the monarch of destruction, the dragon king. we are related indirectly through our powers, which you now own. you have become the new target of the king," lucia informed her.

"was that why kamish said he served you?" y/n asked.

lucia nodded her head, "when i was a shadow, part of the dragons in the destruction army served me as well. kamish was one of them. i thought that me and my brother were on good terms, that was until he grew fearful of mine and ashborn's powers."

"antares was afraid i'd overthrow him as king of the dragons. he didn't want that and ordered the beast monarch and baran to eliminate ashborn so that i would be gone as well."

y/n looked at lucia and asked, "so he'll come for me?"

lucia nodded her head, "i'm afraid he will since you now possess the same power as him. you now share a connection to him as well."

y/n let out a sigh as yet another problem arose. "you said you had a monarch form. how do i activate that?"

"reach for the darkest and deepest desires inside of you. vision a different side of you appearing, one that holds the power of the dragon king," lucia explained.

y/n closed her eyes as she visioned it. a more evil version of her coming out, one that held the dragon king's power.

the mark of lumen turned black and red as the markings on y/n's arm completely changed colour. from its golden colour, the markings turned red with black outlines. y/n's hair tips became purple and misty-like, resembling ashborn's hair.

"now, you can use the dragon king's powers," said lucia. "but you can only use this form once. if you use it anymore than once, there will be consequences."

y/n nodded her head, knowing that the perfect time to use it would be when the dragon king appeared.

"i'm afraid i have to go now," lucia muttered after noticing her left hand begin to dissolve into particles of light.

y/n turned around, quickly wrapping her hands around lucia's figure. lucia froze, shocked at y/n's actions. she'd never been hugged like this before.