───꒱ 01: 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑

Start from the beginning

"I told her not to tell you yet!" This earned a laugh from MJ, who brought a donut over to Marisol as she saw the frustrated face of Ned.

Marisol couldn't help but laugh as well, patting Ned on the shoulder before she took a seat. The bag sat on the vacant chair beside her, gifts waiting to be opened. "How're you feeling by the way, MJ?" She asked, motioning towards her own head as if to talk about the band aid on her forehead.

"Oh, pfft, it's alright," MJ tried to play it off, offering a shrug to Marisol. "It could be worse, am I right?"

"At least you're healing up. Which is a good thing, I got worried when I saw the gash on your forehead," she answered, thanking MJ for the donut. "I got you all some early Christmas gifts," the older one of the three began, pulling out two boxes with a wide smile. She didn't notice a letter fall through, landing on the ground.

It was Ned who noticed it, his keen eyes following the paper. "You dropped something," he informed nonchalantly, going back on his phone. His older sister quickly turned, searching for the missing item.

Marisol then noticed the letter on the ground, eyebrows contorted together. She never recalled getting the mail that day, nor having anything stashed in the bag either. Though, the woman noticed bolded letters.

TO MARISOL

It read, and it seemed rather important.

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

WEEKS AGO . . .

"You know what I find so interesting? People still mention my mom's maiden name when saying my full name," Marisol took a bite out of her bread, not much in a hurry to get to some place she and Pandora had to be at that moment. "Marisol Chesa J. Leeds, it's interesting don't you think?"

"Marisol-"

"But it gives me a lot of nicknames too, come to think of it. Like think about it, Mari, MJ, Ches-"

"Marisol!"

"What?!"

"Your phone's going off?" Pandora inquired, the pair stopping in front of the Sanctum Sanctorum, where the latter was supposed to be dropped off for the morning. "It's been buzzing the entire time."

"Huh- oh, sorry," Marisol apologized, quickly digging the contents of her bag. It took her a while before finally fishing her phone out. A hasty apologetic look at Pandora was all she gave before briskly answering the call. "Hello-"

"Ate!"

"What?!"

"Ate!"

"Ano ba?! (what?!)" The siblings bickered back and forth, Pandora watched as Marisol screamed at her phone with a rather contained laugh.

"Peter man- peter man, Spiderman- spiderman-"

"What about Peter?"

"Check the news! He's in big trouble- Mysterio-"

"Holy shi-"

"Language!" Pandora warned, though all the former's focus was on the live events on every article there is. She walked over to Marisol, now eyes wide opened, now realizing what was going on.

Public Enemy #1

Spiderman's Identity Revealed

Spiderman: Hero or a Menace?

─────────────────

*: Ate — referencing to an older female or friend, especially in terms of family (aka sisters)