Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Kacy I just heard the arrested a girl for Harley's murder," Megan whispers among the table.

I freeze. My heart pounds against my chest, "Oh yeah I heard it happened about an hour ago. Apparently, they think one of her ex-best friends did it," my mug slips from my hand crashing at my feet flicking hot boiling coffee all on me.

I don't wince I just stand. Air becoming thinner. My lungs became smaller with the lack of air.

"Hey Charlie-Rose you good?" I find the girls looking at me.

I stiffen, "Yes I'm fine, I'm sorry I overheard your guy's conversation. Do you know if they have a name?" it can't be true it can't be Kayla. God, please say some other "friend" she had.

Kacy bends down in front of me mopping up the spilt coffee and picking up the broken pieces of glass, "Yeah, I think her name was Kayla Holt for memory," my blood drains from my body everything becomes blurry.

He did it. He ruined my day. My birthday. He couldn't just let her rest after everything he has done to her.

"Charlie-Rose come sit down please," Megan tries to pull me to a seat.

"No, let go of me," I tug my arm away, "I have to go," I rush off back to my office whipping my bag up.

"Charlie-Rose," Stacy calls after me as I run to the elevator.

"Stacy clear my schedule for at least a week," I say before the door closes.

Happy fucking birthday to me.

Blake, you are my worst nightmare. You're worst than Landon. You've tortured me ever since we started dating. You controlled me. You would keep me away from making any more friends than the ones I had... and now this all because you can't get fucking over me. You psycho.

A taxi pulls up just in time as I exit the building.

"Hi, please take me to the airport now. Hurry!" he just simply nods and takes off.

I feel sick I feel like I'm about to throw up. I check all the news web pages and sure enough, it's true. It's so painfully true. There's a picture of her being arrested. She looks scared. I would be scared.

Imagine being accused of a murder you didn't commit. Imagine people thinking you're a cold-blooded murderer. If I didn't know the whole story, I would've thought she murdered her. I mean there's security footage of her buying stuff that you buy when you're planning to kill someone.

We pull up at the airport. Tears are running down my cheeks I'm pushing through people. I look like a crazy person.

I push and shove my way to the front of the line, "I need a ticket to Brisbane, Australia now!" the lady looks at me with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry ma'am but the next flight to Brisbane is booked out until Saturday," I let out my last gasp of air.

I stumble back through the people I just shoved through with more tears falling down my cheek.

This is hell. Pure hell.

My phone rings. Landon... his contact flashes on my screen.

I answer, "What?" I hiss through the speaker.

"Charlie-Rose are you okay?" his words break me. I hate those three words just as much as I hate "I love you".

"No of course I'm not okay. I'm balling my eyes out in the middle of the airport I look fucking crazy. My best friend just got arrested for a murder she didn't commit. My ex-boyfriend fucking framed her because I wouldn't get back with him and now the only available flight to Brisbane is on Saturday which is another three fucking days away. And to add on to all of this it's my fucking 26th birthday and one-year anniversary of Harley's death..." I take a deep breath, "So Landon no I'm most definitely not okay and I don't have time for your bullshit right so good-bye," I go to cut the call.

"No wait!" I hear his pleading words, "I saw I know Kayla got arrested. I'm almost at the airport. Wait for me I'll be there soon, and we'll take my private jet to Brisbane, okay?" a small smile cracks on my lips, "Please just try and calm down I'll be there soon I sent someone to pack up some clothes and send them over so two suitcases should also arrive soon. I promise I'll be there in ten minutes."

He's coming. Landon's coming. He's coming to my aid. He's coming to recuse me, to help me.

This is why I fell in love with you Landon. You care so much for me. You pull every good heart string tied around my fragile heart.

I love you Landon Heart.