I : Hot Sauce

Chapter I : hot sauce

Now Playing :
Hot Sauce by NCT Dream

__________________________

10 minutes before the bell rings, Jeongwoo is impatiently looking at the clock above the door of their classroom, silently wishing to God to make the clock struck at 3 quickly. He can't help but be impatient as he wanted to rush to the burger shop his friend Asahi owns and order lots of cheese burgers. When the professor signaled everybody that the class had been dismissed, Jeongwoo ran out of the room at lightning speed while saying a small sorry whenever he bumped into someone.

When Jeongwoo finally reached the burger shop, he stopped in front of the glass door and waited for his breathing to calm down before entering.

"Cheese burgers!" he shouted, startling the unfamiliar guy at the counter. Jeongwoo bowed his head a bit and mumbled a small sorry in embarrassment. The guy, whose name tag says Doyoung, gave him a shy smile before taking Jeongwoo's order.

"So, cheese burgers right?" Jeongwoo nodded. "Do you want to add anything?"

"Just a bottle of cola," Jeongwoo replied. Doyoung gave him a small smile before handing Jeongwoo receipt.

"By the way, can I ask where's Asahi?" Jeongwoo asked, which made Doyoung turn at him while preparing his order.

"He's just gone to get some burger patties at the basement," Doyoung answered, the raven haired guy nodded as a thank you before he sat on his usual spot, which is the last table near the glass wall.

Eventually, Jeongwoo got bored so he decided to use his phone and scrolled through his Instagram feed. He saw Haruto's post with Junghwan and Yedam, and it seems like they're hanging out at the arcade right now.

"Must be fun," he mumbled.

"Must be fun, what?" A voice said, startling Jeongwoo from his seat. He looked at the owner of the voice and saw Asahi plastering his annoying smirk, his head slightly tilted as he waited for Jeongwoo's answer.

"I didn't know you were a mushroom in your past life? Gosh, you scared me," Jeongwoo rolled his eyes at the burger shop owner before looking back at his phone.

"Have you ordered already?" Asahi asked and the raven-haired boy showed him the buzzer. Asahi's mouth formed an 'O' and sat at the chair in front of Jeongwoo.

"By the way, I saw the Doyoung guy earlier. Is he a new employee? Because I've never seen him before," Jeongwoo asked Asahi while tapping his fingers on the table. Asahi got annoyed by the sound so he flicked the guy's forehead and gave the lattet a glare to make him stop.

"You probably never saw him because his old schedule is during your school hours. He asked me yesterday that he wants to change his shift, and that's why you're seeing him now," Asahi explained boredly while making paper hearts using the square-shaped table napkins.

Jeongwoo looked at the counter to steal a glance at Doyoung and saw that he's still preparing his order. Jeongwoo found it cute how the part-timer was singing along to the faint sound of Day6's About Now playing from the shop's speaker while concentrating on his work, causing the former to let out a giggle that made Asahi look at him weirdly. Jeongwoo cleared his throat to compose himself and started asking Asahi for an update about his week to divert the topic.

After some minutes, the buzzer sound filled the table so Jeongwoo excused himself to get his order at the counter. Doyoung greeted Jeongwoo with a heart fluttering smile before giving his order. Jeongwoo quickly unwrapped the burger and took a little bit, feeling a little unsatisfied, he asked Doyoung to give him an extra ketchup. The part-timer quickly grabbed a red container and motioned the taller one to bring his burger near him so he could put the ketchup on. Jeongwoo thanked Doyoung before taking a bite of the burger, but after the red liquid came in contact with his tongue, he felt a sudden burn in it, realizing that Doyoung gave him the hot sauce instead of a ketchup. Doyoung saw the other boy's sudden change of reaction so he started panicking as he didn't know what to do.

"Oh my god- Give me- water! Quick!" Jeongwoo said in between coughing. Doyoung then ran inside the kitchen to get a bottle of water. When he finally got back, Jeongwoo quickly grabbed the bottle on the other boy's grip and drank it in just a few seconds.

Doyoung, feeling a bit guilty of not focusing, bowed his head at 45 degrees as an apology. "I'm sorry for not checking the bottle before putting it in your burger," he said, still bowing.

Jeongwoo chuckled at what he did that made Doyoung look up to him with a confused face. "It's okay. Everybody can make mistakes," Jeongwoo said and gave the other boy a thumbs up to assure him that it's fine. "Just treat me a cheese burger the next time I go here."

Doyoung's face lit up and smiled widely. "Deal!"

"But make sure to not give me the hot sauce next time though," Jeongwoo winked and started walking away from the counter, missing the way he made Doyoung a blushing mess.

·ᴗ·

ayo listen up- kidding... anyways, i impulsively published this book bec of boredom. hopefully, i can finish this before the school starts. our school vacation just started, and i just want to at least finish a book or two (if possible), but knowing myself, i think i can only finish this one.