"I'm just worried about you!" Lorelai expressed, "We all are! Darcy, Parker, Wil—"

"you've talked about me?" Val snapped, "Wow, didn't know you'd go that far..."

"No Val listen, Darcy blatantly mentioned how you've been off, and I confided in Parker," The younger explained, "We just care about you."

"If you cared about me, you'd let me figure this sh*t out on my own," She stated, "I can do things alone."

"No you can't." Val shook her head, "Ask Darcy, she probably has some science-y statistic about doing things 'on your own' it's not healthy."

"It works for me." The older pushed, "So just—leave it."

"Val..." Lorelai sighed, shoulders slumping, "You can talk to me if—"

"Rory I've said I'm fine—"

"But you need to listen—"

"I'm pregnant!" Val interrupted, bursting at the seams from overflow of emotions, "I'm f*cking—pregnant, and—and I don't know what to do."

There was a momentary pause, wherein the younger sister let her jaw drop in astonishment. "You're pregnant." Lorelai echoed softly, staring blankly at her.

"isn't that what I just said?" Val responded, her stressed motions increasing, "Yes, I'm pregnant."

Lorelai pursed her lips, completely shocked by this information, "H-how—why—"

"You said you were worried about me, that's probably what it is." Val crossed her arms, leaning against the granite surface.

Lorelai pursed her lips, "Is it a bad time to ask who the father is?"

Val stared back at her, "Great question."

"Oh...my...god" Lorelai's jaw dropped, "Mamma Mia."

"No," Val shook her head, "this isn't the time for you to be joking—"

"This is a Mamma Mia moment." The younger sister smiled wildly,

"No! This is not a Mamma Mia moment!" Val worried, "This is a 'Val is incredibly stressed about being f*cking pregnant and she doesn't know what to do' moment!"

"Well contact the people you've f*cked I don't know!"

"Lorelai I'm serious here!" Val chastised, "This is my life!"

"Okay so—get rid of it—or something," Lorelai rambled short thoughts aloud, saying whatever came to mind.

"I'm not—well—I—" Valerie sighed, "I just—okay hear me out,"

Lorelai paused, squinting suspiciously, "I'm listening."

"Okay well—what if..." Val struggled to keep a proper sentence, and her French accent thickened with every stammer, "What if I—yknow—actually had a kid."

"what?" Lorelai blanked, not amused by this suggestion.

"I'm just saying," She sighed, trying to express her feelings, "It might be—okay—to have a baby, and raise it."

The younger tugged at the ends of her hair in thought, "Can you do this?"

"I'm 30 in—2 years." Val mentioned, "I don't have all the time in the world."

"But can you mentally and physically do this?" Lorelai repeated her question, "This is—parenthood, not a f*cking cat or something."

"I've been alone for over 10 years." The copper-haired sister explained, "I think I can do this."