Graduated and Losing

No one pov:

time skip 11 years:

(y/n) was adopted by his grandparents. (y/n) gotten the treatment and love he deserve. He grew to love his grandparents. He loved having people around who care about him. He learned about his parents, and he didn't really want to ever see them for abandoning him. Over the years, he was doing excellent at school. He skipped a few grades because he was born smart and also did lot of summer school. He liked doing, it gives him something to do, and he loves to learn. When he was 14, people said that he is too smart to be a Neko. He felt hurt and scared. His grandpa told (y/n) one thing before he left one day to work.

(gp/n): I want to let you know something (y/n)

(y/n): yes grandpa

(gp/n):  I know people say you are too smart to be a Neko, but that's not true. I want you to do what makes you happy. Anyone can be smart and be what they want to be. Remember, even the smallest things can make the biggest changes.

(y/n) felt better from him telling him that. That same day, (y/n) went to go to a small convent store to get a snack. He was on his way walking home. He was going to walk across a street until he heard a gunshot. People were scared and some ran. (y/n) instead of running, he went to see the source of it. He ran across to the street to get there. He never expected it to be one man to be on the ground. He saw his grandpa.

(y/n): GRANDPA!

He ran to next to his grandpa, He saw that his grandpa was shot in the chest.

(y/n): SOMEONE CALL AN AMBLUENCE!

(gp/n): (y/n)... (y/n)...

(y/n): hang on grandpa please... hold on...

(Something like this happened. Besides the robbery, the story is you and honoring his memory by keep moving forward and remembering what he said.)

His grandpa ends up dying in (y/n)'s arms. He and his grandma were pretty sad. There was someone trying to rob his grandpa and shot him. The police found the guy who shot him. They ended up going to prison for 20 years to life in prison. (y/n)'s grandpa was a retired detective then worked at a hardware store and taught (y/n) somethings about being one before he passed away. The funeral was bit small but (gp/n) had multiple good friends and a lot of them were in the police force. (y/n) eventually got over it and did not regret anything he did with him. He spent a lot of time with him and made the most of it. Now he will spend more time with his grandma. At 16, he was still short 4.5 feet tall and graduated high school. His grandma came there.

(gm/n): I'm so proud of you and your grandpa would be too

(y/n): thanks, I miss him

(gm/n): I do too, but remember we have to keep moving forward no matter what. I have been taught that by my father and your great grandfather.

(y/n): I still remember what grandpa told me. Even the smallest things can make the biggest changes.

(gm/n): yes, and you proved that. You are higher educated than other Neko's go for and show others that all can make a difference.

(y/n): thanks

They went to go eat at grandpa's favorite restaurant.  (y/n) relaxed for a bit and thinking about attending college. One day in the summer, grandma got into a car accident. The driver was drunk and hit grandma then died from it. (y/n) rushed to the hospital. The doctors told him that she was in a coma and told (y/n) she might pass away. (y/n) had to leave and thought.

(y/n) in mind: please I don't want to lose you too grandma