Prologue - That Wolf

[Jay] 

Yesterday I met the Wolves. It was the first time for years that I'd seen one, but these two were different. I knew one of them was way more powerful than the other but there was this connection between them, a connection I could faintly remember feeling between my parents. Sighing I rolled out of bed, I'd see them again today. I didn't even know their names; another one of those stupid symptoms of being psychic, I could see their future, which was really cute, and then I felt like I knew them already so I forgot to ask. I giggled when I remember the vision of the little puppies. They'd figure it out soon enough. 

"Good morning, Sir, how was your sleep?" I cooed at the cat on my windowsill. He wasn't mine but he came by every morning, I like to think it's to check on me but who am I kidding. He's a cat. My parents' house wasn't big; it was a little cottage up the hill in Oban looking over the harbour and sea. It was a nice January day and the sun was up. I could feel the people's auras around me and smiled. They were all fine. It was weird to think I could feel all these people around me, but I liked it, this way I could make sure no one died without a reason anymore. But today wasn't about worrying, today was about seeing those cute wolves again and maybe, just maybe even more. 

-

I pushed my silver hair out of my face and pushed my sunglasses up on my nose. I had called the wolf, Kilyan as I'd found out, and he said he'd meet me here. I twirled a strand of my hair between my two fingers and pulled my phone out of my jean pocket. He was already five minutes late and just as I unlocked my phone, I heard some shuffling in the woods behind me and when I turned around he was standing behind me.

"Trying to be sneaky, eh?" I laughed and he rolled his eyes.

"Come on, this way is fastest." He grinned and held the branches of a tree away for me. 

"So, the other boy, he's your boyfriend, right?" I tried making some conversation.

"Yes- well soon I hope." He answered without looking down at me. He was really tall and also very muscular, his aura was powerful and red. I wondered what he was so angry about but before I could we had reached a clearing. It was really big and covered in soft grass and flowers. 

"It's just behind those trees." He smiled and I grinned, following him over the meadow and through the last stretch of trees. And there it was: it was like a village of its own with a big house right in front of us that Kilyan walked towards. I had heard of this settlement and always thought it was a wolf pack but I never knew for sure. Now I did. I stared around with wide eyes and took off my sunglasses. I could see Kliyan's boyfriend walking towards the big house and he sent me a weird look but I could've cared less. It was interesting to be here, maybe I would even see a w- My jaw dropped when I saw a massive black wolf stepping out of the trees. It wasn't facing me but looked like someone or something was on its mind. And then- it shifted. I think my jaw hit the floor and my eyes were as big as the London Eye as the big, black wolf transformed into a man, a really attractive man. His head snapped around and his eyes locked with mine. I felt my eyes glaze and the visions hit me harder than ever before. 

A mean looking guy with red glowing hair was peering down at me.

"Well, well, well, who have we got here." He sneered and his hand lit on fire. I screamed but my point of view changed suddenly and I was floating above the evil guy, looking down at- myself. 

"Is she okay?" The deep voice sent shivers down my back and I snapped my eyes open. It was the black wolf. He looked Asian somehow, his black hair was slightly wet and hung in his face. There was a tattoo running across his shoulder, a dragon's head stared at me and I screamed in shock. Waking up from a vision and confronted with a dragon and a hot guy will do that to you. 

"Woah, woah- calm down. It's okay." He smiled and I felt this connection- "My name's Skylar." He held a hand out and pulled me up, off the ground. Sparks erupted under my skin when he touched my hand and I had the intense desire to kiss him, which I did. 

Hello and Welcome to the third book of the Murdag Chronicles~ just now I'm still finishing the Second book so please check it out (>Alpha, Beta, Gamma?) but I'll start this one as soon as possible!

Thanks @jays41 for being the inspiration fro Jay ;) haha

See you soon! 
Love, Kxx