One

Jennie

"Excuse me, Ma'am"

"Here's your takeout order", I was startled by the Manager's voice in the busy atmosphere of the dining region of the Hotel's restaurant.

He handed me the parcel and bowed before leaving.

I came out of my thoughts and thanked him.

Mr. John has been taking care of my hospitality businesses and holds the auspicious position of Head Manager of the empire owned by my family.

I have to hurry up and reach my destination with food.
I don't know why I did this. But I feel so good knowing that I have it.

All by myself.

No no else.

I have never been possessive of something like this.

But what belongs to me, always belongs to Me.

If I can't have it then nobody else can.

I can even destroy myself for it.

This is not selfishness right?

If it is then, I consider myself as selfish
being now on.

But how can I capture it when I got my
freedom when it came into my life.

It showed me beauty of life and misery of loneliness.

I was lonely but it made me to breath to the fullest amongst the crowds.

I was awakened once again from the sound of horn from the vehicle behind.
So, I gave it a sideways.

But to my keen surprise it kept on honking.

"Gosh, this maniac is driving me crazy but isn't driving his car to an inch".

I drove away and the car was no where to be seen on my rear mirror.

Finally, I could drive peacefully on the empty roads at this hour.

"Shit!!"

I moved my steering to the left to avoid collision with the vehicle speeding towards my way.

Luckily I stepped on the breaks exactly on the time as well as I didn't get hurt severely.

I got few minor scratches but as soon as I gathered my sense and consciousness faded from this accident, I could feel the heat of anger running down my spine.

I guess someone will lose his life along with driver's license this very night.

As I stepped down my rover, to my great surprise it was the same car which has honking non stop at earlier.

After few minutes the driver's door opened and the silhouette formed from reflection of that figure against the streets light behind it.

As it approached me, I could picture the image of the person and it made me to wish thousand times that it's not that particular individual.

" Unnie.... I could not even finish my sentence when she collapsed partly and I could smell her intoxication from our proximity.

She's not the same person I used to know.
She used to be sober, cheerful and full of life but now she looks pale, dull and emotional wreck.

I cannot see her like this.

But,

I am helpless too. I cannot give her what she wants because I would have be lifeless then.

I can give her whatever valuable things she wants the companies, the shares, all of the fortune I have but not that thing.

Because it's priceless for me.

But, Miyeon is not only my cousin but also my best friend and family.
How I wish I could lessen her suffering
because I know how much it pains to fall in love and the same love being snatched away.

In our case, it's me who did that to her.

I hate myself for everything I do but I can do much more for the sake of proving my love.

Gradually, Miyeon unnie shakingly knelt down in front of me that I could see the vulnerability and desperation on her trembling voice.

"Jen!"

"Please I beg you"

"Give her to me"

"Give Lisa back to me"

Lisa ( At present)

This feeling is so new to me.
How did I end up here?

I thought it was love but it was only over the top obsession for that person.

I was used to my limits and I let her treat me like a thing which has her tag labelled on it.

Never imagined her like this.

It's been ten days of me living in this apartment with no escape hole.
I wonder how she designed it.
It seems so grandeur and full of all the sophistication here but I don't want this.

I don't want Her anymore.

I used to crave for her smile.

I don't think I will believe in stupid things like love ever again.

Speaking of the devil, where is she now?

She usually gets here with dinner this time.

Is she planning on starving me to death now?

But, it's okay.

I don't wanna live forever anyways.

Better to die to be kept hostage by the person I hate most.

But what kills me is the familiar feeling of hating the person whom I used to love most one time.

" Why did you have to this Jennie?"

"I truly loved you".

"It was real, at least for me."

I don't know who was I talking to because it was too loud and audible to be considered as a monologue.

Just then, the door knob was twisted and I know that sound.

Before she could enter I ran to the bed and closed my eyes pretending to be asleep.

This is gonna be sure failure but let's try if she goes away without uttering any words.

I could sense that she put some thing probably the food on the side table and I heard the footsteps of which were fading away.

Wow, it worked.

When I got up to freshen up before having dinner, a pair of hands appeared on my naval region.

"Why don't you even try to understand me? "

"Please!"

"No more running from me honey", someone said.

And I wish I would have never been able to recognize this voice because I know this voice more than anything in the world.