I guess. . .that counts!

"I can do this, I can do it," you whispered to yourself while shaking furiously.

"hello?" a mans voice could be heard from behind.

You jumped at the sound. You turned around to face the tall man.

"Um, may I help you?" he asked, a curious look in his eyes.

"Oh my, you're him! You're Jayce!" you fanboyed.

"Wow, you're voice is quite deep," he pointed out, looking at you with wider eyes.

"Sorry," you apologized with a chuckle.

"Don't be, it's a compliment," he explained then looked to your hand. "What's this?"

You glanced down to the envelope, then back to Jayce.

"It's my resume, I want to be a producer for you're company," you explained as you handed it to him.

Jayce's face was filled with delight as he took it.

"Why thank you, but you look a little young," he pointed out.

"Yeah, 21, but I promise you, I have links to my works, You won't be disappointed," you assured.

He took a moment, then smiled and took the envelope.

"I'll give you a chance, I have this businessman's intuition," he said, giving you one last soft hearted smile before he headed in.

You had a hopeful feeling about this.

----

The city of Piltover was resting for the night, yet many lights still remained on. The golden detailed buildings shined at day, and glimmered any brightness they could while the sun was down.

You looked out your window, just enjoying the slight breeze as the cold kissed your skin.

You hummed a few melodies, spouting some words here and there, just kinda freestyling.

"Ugh! I wanna do something!" you groaned.

You got up and went to your door, questioning if you should go for a walk.

"Why not?" you whispered to yourself.

You put on a jacket and made you're way outside. You decided to go to a near by park, it had ponds full of koi. As you walked to the park, you glanced at the stars, one day, I'll make sure whoever I produce for, is as high as those stars.

You found yourself mindlessly walking through the guided path, your mind wondering. You looked up to see someone sitting at the bench, staring into the pond. Then he threw his hand up and slammed it down on the bench, which spooked you, you were hesitant before you heard a slight whimper coming from him.

You decided to move closer.

"Fuck sake," he whispered to himself.

You got right next to the bench without him noticing, then you sat down.

He jumped and looked towards you.

"Hey," you said. "Mind. . .telling me what's wrong?"

After a moment, he calmed down and went back to gazing at the pond.

"I. . .just got out of a toxic relationship," he explained.

You nodded.

"That's. . .good," you whispered, not sure if that's the proper response.

"Yeah, it just. . .hurts, all the things she said, they're running through my head," he hummed.

You knew that the pauses between words meant both of you were weary of each sentence.