"Sprite, get Karun out of here!" Kingo ordered as he threw a large blast of energy at the Deviant. "Nova, you're with me."

"How many cameras did you bring, young man?" Nova heard Sprite groan in annoyance from behind her as she attempted to get Karun away from the fight.

Kingo was struggling to fight off two Deviants at once, so Nova ran up behind him-so they were back to back-and began to fire at the one that he couldn't see, while he fired at the one that was out of her view.

Gold dripped from her fingers as her eyes glowed. Nova sent blasts of energy to the Deviant as it screeched a cry. It began to grow tired from the pain.

Having enough of her constant fighting, the Deviant charged towards Nova in anger. Nova was quick with her final attack; she brought her hands together aggressively, there was a clapping sound that was barely heard over the loud boom of energy that was sent in waves towards the Deviant.

And even after that, it still got up.

"What the hell." Nova groaned, "are they stronger than before?"

Kingo was still behind her, and he hummed, "not all of them." He commented. Nova glanced behind herself to see the one he was fighting. It laid there, dead.

The two of them turned back to look at the one that Nova was after, it snarled in anger. It glanced at Nova's glowing hands, then back up at her eyes. It let out another growl before turning to chase after Sersi. Nova watched as it threw her away from a building that she was turning into metal (in order to keep everyone safe), her body rolled across the ground.

Sersi struggled to get up, the pain hitting her in waves. Suddenly, Nova had to hold her hands over her ears as they began to ring from a deafening noise.

Nova looked over to see people from the village with guns in their hands, their eyes glowing golden. Druig. They fired in sync, pausing after each blow for a moment before firing again.

They continued to fight, oblivious to how close the Deviant was. Some of them were knocked over and freed from Druig's mind control, suffering minor or major injuries. Nova couldn't be sure which, but grimaced regardless.

Eventually, a human was thrown into a building, causing Nova's eyes to widen. Definitely major injuries.

Druig finally came into the fight, physically, and jumped over the Deviant's tail. He grabbed a gun that laid on the ground, and ran across the Deviant's back. He shot the Deviant in the head and then spun in the air as he jumped off of the tall creature.

The Deviant screeched in anger, and Druig glared at it with fury deep in his eyes. His eyes quickly widened as he looked up, spotting a tree made of metal crashing down. The work of Sersi, no doubt.

Druig quickly took Nova's hand, pulling her away before the two of them got hit. While doing so, Nova tripped over a small branch and landed on her elbows. The setback caused Druig to trip forwards and out of the way of the falling tree, and Nova watched in fear as the tree fell towards her.

She quickly held her hands up, making a small force field around her body as fast as she could. Although, she wasn't quick enough. She let out a scream of pain as a metal branch dug deep into her thigh.

The Deviant screeched from next to Nova to claw at her stomach. She was way too close to it for comfort. She struggled to get away from it, crawling through the mess of metal branches as it dug it's claws deep into the ground.

Nova finally managed to get free, limping slightly as she made her way over to a building to lean against. "Ugh." She sniffled as she held a hand on her thigh. She let her golden energy wrap around her leg as a temporary bandage.