6.3: Rory's Arrival

Start from the beginning

*You don't know me,* the girl says, sounding confused and lost. *You don't remember me at all.*

*You have my ability to possess and read minds,* Nyxeus returns, slowly moving closer.

The girl's eyes are wide, almost panicked. *Auntie said I'm not from around here.*

*No,* Nyxeus muses, cupping her cheek, *You're not... but you're mine.*

Nyxeus pulls the young woman up against him, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. The girl doesn't protest at all, tucking herself against the king's side and seeming to take comfort in the elder dragon. She purrs quietly, tension easing in her chest as Nyxeus holds her close.

The king hums, *I suppose that explains Aurora then.*

"How do you know my name?" the angel demands, hearing her name and understanding enough of the dragontongue conversation.

Nyxeus turns to face the angel. "I'm a mind-reader, darling. I can see everything about you, Aurora, or Rory, Morningstar."

"Nyxeus, she can't be mine," Lucifer says, greatly confused.

"She is, devil," La'Rayel replies, walking closer to examine Rory herself. She gets a snarl from the angel, so she huffs and steps back to stand next to Lucifer. "From a different universe, she's yours. The same way Kalixi over there is my brother's."

Lucifer frowns, and from Rory's expression, he's not the only one who's confused.

"We should call Fo'zri," Nyxeus muses to his sister. "If the Creator is crossing universes—"

"I already got Amenadiel to inform him," La'Rayel replies. "Kalixi appeared to me as I talked with the angel at Linda's home."

*I don't understand,* Kalixi mumbles. *What tongue is that?*

*English,* Lucifer replies, surprising the dragon. *Celestial-tongue, as it was called eons ago.*

"Hold on," Rory interrupts, holding her hands out, "What exactly is going on?"

"A mess, it seems," God says as he lands on the balcony, Amenadiel with him. "I've called your human friends to come here, Lucifer. Linda and Mazikeen from their day out as well. They should be arriving shortly."

"Oh, wonderful," Lucifer says, throwing his hands up, "Another weird family thing. I need a drink."

As he turns towards the bar, Kalixi takes the chance to ask, *What's going on, Dad?*

*More are coming to gather,* Nyxeus murmurs. *Aurora is not from this universe either, and her being here affects Lucifer's friends as well. Only Lucifer understands dragontongue, however. I can let you understand their tongue, if you would prefer, darling?*

Slowly, Kalixi nods. Nyxeus smiles gently, easing his magic into the younger's mind and filling in the knowledge of celestial-tongue. As his magic retreats, Nyxeus places a gentle kiss to Kalixi's forehead, getting a soft purr in return. La'Rayel returns to stand next to the two, crossing her arms and studying the room.

*The angel has a strong hate of your idiot,* she says.

Nyxeus nods, *Yes, she claims he abandoned her mother before she was born.*

The queen snorts, *As if he would ever abandon his own.*

*That's what I said,* Lucifer adds in, appearing next to her, glass in hand. He gives Kalixi a bow of his head in greeting, *I'm Lucifer. Celestial and local devil.*