6.3: Rory's Arrival

Start from the beginning

Kalixi nodded weakly and La'Rayel said something in that weird language. The strange creature, who had been silently watching, replied and then flew away. He had wings. Kalixi didn't think the creature had wings, none of the other creatures she'd seen had them, but that one did. Kalixi didn't understand it at all.

*Come along.* La'Rayel took her hand and spread her own wings. *Let's go find Nyxeus.*

Lucifer is not sure how he found himself in this position. He comes home from a day trapped in the weirdest Hell loop he's ever seen, only to be ambushed in his penthouse by a girl who apparently wants to murder him.

"You're not one of my siblings," he says, keeping himself from glancing behind the strange angel to where Nyxeus is silently landing on the balcony after Lucifer called him there through their bond. "Who are you?"

That seems to be the wrong thing to say, because the angel sneers, "I'm your daughter!"

She releases him and steps back, so Lucifer wordlessly asks the draxon to wait on making his presence known. This girl is different, and Lucifer wants to find out how. He was never good at wrangling his curiosity and he isn't about to try now.

"That's impossible," he says, curiosity now piqued.

"And yet here I am," the girl replies, putting her weirdly sharp wings away and scowling.

"Then why have I never met you?"

The hateful smile he receives only makes Lucifer even more curious. "Well, I guess that's what happens when you abandon your child before she's even born."

The devil frowns, "But just you being mine is impossible. Angels can't have children with humans, I can't carry children, and I would never abandon Nyxeus, so unless I'm missing something very important, you can't be mine."

It's her turn to frown now, though the hate still sits in her expression, "What does you not having a uterus have anything to do with this?"

"He's with me, darling."

The angel whirls around at Nyxeus' voice. The dragon king walks in from the balcony, moving to stand next to Lucifer. He greets the devil with a gentle kiss, making Lucifer smile as he's pulled close to the dragon.

"Hello, love," Lucifer murmurs, getting a soft purr in return.

"No, that's impossible," the girl says, now looking incredibly confused. "Mom said it was you. I've seen pictures— You don't have an identical twin, do you?"

"Oh, let's not bring Michael into this," Lucifer replies with a scowl. "Even if he had the opportunity, he would never have children."

"You're definitely Lucifer, then." The girl glances at Nyxeus, "But who's—"

*Brother.*

La'Rayel appears on the balcony, her hair tied in a braid and dressed in white leather. There's someone with her, a young woman with short black hair and charcoal black eyes and wearing dark blue robes. She looks highly uncomfortable, yet suspicious at the same time.

*Sister,* Nyxeus greets. *Who's this?*

The young woman narrows her eyes, studying the dragon king. Then her dark eyes glow a bright blue and Nyxeus freezes, his eyes widening.

*You're mine,* he states, sounding shocked.

His magic surges forwards, clashing with the stranger's. The girl seems to study Nyxeus just as much as the draxon studies her, both of them testing each other's magic and glancing through what the other allows in their minds.