"I will not press for now Diana, but be careful he's a serious man and it would not do to string along with a Prince." her mother sighed, Diana could sense she had more to say but for whatever reason her mother withheld it. 

"Would you be upset if I accepted a dance with him?" Diana asked slowly. 

"Of course not, whatever is going on between the two of you, will be advantageous for your prospects." her mother replied.

"Mother, can you for a moment, just let me enjoy a dance without the tactics of matrimony." Diana glanced back at the dance in the next room, it was strange when she looked up it was as if she sensed him coming. Sure enough, he was making a beeline toward them, ready to claim his dance.

Prince Friedrich stopped short before them in his blue military uniform, Diana even noticed her own mother couldn't ignore the draw he seemed to have.

"Ms. Vincent," he murmured with a soft smile as they exchanged the proper greeting.

"Your Highness, this is my mother, Lady Celeste Vincent." Diana replied glancing at her mother who seemed to be all smiles now. 

"Your Highness, it is an honor." her mother replied bowing. 

"No it is mine," he replied, kissing her hand and sending her charming look. As expected Diana could see even her own formidable mother could not resist his charm and actually giggled.

"My late husband, you know has traveled to Prussia and met with your father." The revelation shocked Diana and tried to send a look at her mother who promptly ignored her.

Prince Friedrich's eyes grew wide in surprise as her mother continued. "Don't worry, it was a good visit, clearly the good relations have allowed you to join us for a couple of seasons."

Diana bit her lip, wondering where her mother was going with this. 

"I think I would have found my way regardless of what my father wishes." Prince Friedrich replied, there was a dimming of his tone that Diana caught. Prince Friedrich's warm gaze was for a brief moment steeled at the mention of his father.

"Indeed, your decisions must have made quite an impact by coming here a second time." her mother clearly had more to say but was stopped promptly but the arrival of Lady Danbury. Diana looked at her mother wondering what she meant by that. 

"Ah, there you are." Lady Danbury smiled at the three. Prince Friedrich seemed relieved and warmly greeted her.

"Lady Danbury, are you sure you couldn't find the cure to your tired bones to join me in a dance." he smiled widely.

"As I said, my dear Prince, my dancing days are over, however, Diana here can easily replace me, just as beautiful and terrifying." Lady Danbury grinned cheekily as Diana wished to be on the other side of the planet. 

"You are not wrong, your replacement is quite comparable." he smiled at Diana, she swore he snuck a wink at her. Diana couldn't look at him and focused on trying to tame the heat that surely rising in the room. 

"Now, I have something to discuss with your mother, dear girl. I trust your feet have recovered sufficiently enough from Mr. Browne to dance with the Prince." Lady Danbury had a way of bringing a suggestion more of an order. With that, Lady Danbury dragged her mother away from them leaving them alone. 

Let alone with him, Diana wasn't sure what to say. "Here." he quickly grabbed a drink from a passing tray. 

"You were quite busy the moment you arrived." he watched her as she downed the lemonade. 

"Unfortunately, my mother is determined to drive me mad." Diana laughed nervously. 

"Let us take a moment then." Prince Friedrich led her to a chair, ignoring the ladies that attempted to catch his attention. 

"I didn't know my father had met your father before." Diana said. 

"I am sure he has met many people here before, he often comes here unannounced for private meetings." Prince Friedrich said stiffly. Diana held her next question, now sure his father was a subject he likely didn't want to touch. 

"Tell me then are you enjoying yourself." Diana asked smiling politely changing the subject.

"I will admit sometimes dances blur together but I am very much looking forward to this one."Prince Friedrich looked at her, a smile still in place and the warmth returning.

 "We should do as they instructed, lest we fall out of favor from the Lionesses of London." Diana said. 

Prince Friedrich chuckled, "I know now we can't have that."  He gently took her hand and led her back to the dance floor.

A/N: I definitely had THAT dancing scene in Becoming Jane where James McAvoy did his epic entrance. <3 

I am trying to add more depth to the Prince since the show didn't go deep with him.