Second Bite.

I was already prepared to go through this college alone. Or as alone as I can be. I was planning to interact only when needed and befriend only those who you need to. But fate has a different plan for me.

I sighed. Life is so unexpected. And cliché. Like seriously. Who would have thought that a typical bubbly girl would end up with me? Well, most people would think that way since it's so, cliché-ish.

Dama. That is her name. Her wavy long black hair and brown eyes, small figure really matched her personality. She's so bubbly and would not stop talking to the extent that you could just keep quiet and let her do the talking.

That's what I did. I just smile, nod and laugh when needed. Don't get me wrong, I like her. She's like my best friend Mia, back at home. And I am truly glad for her company. But, can't a girl have her own solitude? This is not according to my plan!

"So, Ry, tell me, how do you like the school so far?" Dama asked me while we where trudging our way towards the cafeteria. She insisted on calling me Ry, because Alex for her is a guy's name, and Alexa is too long for her. I smiled a little, trying to make it genuine. I felt so awkward interacting with a...stranger. A bubbly stranger.

I was minding my own business in one of my lectures when Dama suddenly sat beside me and decided to become my friend. It's a one sided friendship, for now since I am so not ready to befriend anyone. But she has not left my side since earlier and I am stuck with her like a glue.

Trying to be nice, though it's really hard on my part, I answered her. "Uhm, well," I drawled out, "It's nice," I answered briefly, before quickly adding, "and weird."

She grinned at me. "Weird huh?"

I pursed my lips before meekly shrugging. Well, it's true.

"Well, this college is full of weird people so you should get used to that." She winked at me as we enter the cafeteria.

"Dama!" someone tackled her from behind, causing her to almost stumble forward. Fortunately, she caught herself before pushing the guy away.

"Damn it, Jake. You weight like you've eaten ten lions." Dama exclaimed exasperatedly while glaring at the guy, named Jake.

Jake smirked at her, "well, I ate seven mountain lions yesterday when we were hunting and..."

"Haha, you're so funny," Dama cut him off, putting her hand on his mouth while giving him a look. They stayed quiet for a moment before Jake's eyes widened a fraction; he sniffed the air, and then stared at me, with opened mouth.

I frowned at him. Is there a dirt on my face? Speak about awkward. "Uhm, hi." I broke the silence.

Dama elbowed him on the ribs, harshly, but he barely reacted; just realized that his mouth has a purpose aside from opening and closing it like a fridge. Don't laugh, I am serious. I bit my cheek trying to fight back a smile. My sense of humor never fails me.

"W-well, uhh, uhm," he stuttered with flushed face and staring at me with his green eyes. Dama rolled her eyes with his stutterinv before smacking the back of his head, mind you, it looked like it hurts.

I winced with the action before stepping back. I should probably avoid stuttering when Dama is around.

Jake glared at Dama while rubbing where she smacked him. "Damn it woman, it hurts you know?"

Dama just flipped him the finger and rolled her eyes. "Don't be such a baby and dumb, dummy."

Jake mumbled incoherently under his breath, still glaring at her. I stood there, watching them bicker. I felt like an idiot staring at them so I decided to go ahead and order.