Kiadan Slywyth and the Secret Treasure

Kiadan grinned as she stalked her prey through the cavernous air tunnels that made up the starship. Her feet made no sound upon the metal ductwork. She paused for a moment to spy the one she stalked. The felinoid warrior had long eluded her expert skills, but now she had her!

She need only take three more steps, and the day would be hers. Kiadan uncorked the liquid she had painstakingly collected from the galley. The dish soap would get stuck in the fur of the therianthropic warrior felinoid named Tigris. Kiadan laughed at her nickname for the furred warrior. Cat Cat would cry in anguish!

Clutching the liquid container with her prehensile tail, Kiadan began the task of removing the solitary screw from the vent cover above her enemy. She had long disposed of the other screws that kept the vents in place and changed them to gain easy access from inside the ductwork. Her owners had tried to keep her from the vents, had tried to capture and control The Escaper of Cages! None could imprison the clever Ris'War if she did not feel like being contained in a cage, the ship's vents, or the ship itself. She continued to elude imprisonment.

Closer Cat Cat stepped to her sticky doom. It was almost time for her to return to her room for sleep; she had but scant seconds to remove the meddlesome screw.

The screw came loose and the vent made a loud bang as it fell to the floor before Tigris's feet. Quick as lightning Kiadan poured the dish soap down the hole and ran! Her terrible prank would be known far and wide by all aboard The Discordant Saint. Another in a long list of masterful jokes played by Kiadan Slywyth, The Escaper of Cages!

Kiadan didn't stick around to see Tigris's predicament or the consequences of her gooey prank. Even if the humanoid feline had gotten mad enough to come after her Kiadan was safe in the air ducts. She was the smallest of the crew, her lemur-sized body allowing her to slip into any room on the ship undetected.

Taking out her computer from her pouch of holding many things™ she began to cycle through the information she'd collected, seeking her next target. Common sense would say that pulling too many pranks was bad for the crew, but Kiadan dismissed that idea as silly. This allowed her friends to practice surprise tactics. Kiadan frowned at the list in front of her, careful to select a prank that was little more than a simple annoyance at best. She didn't want another prank to backfire against her. She'd been able to look at Jello after the last fiasco.

She grinned to herself as she sighted her next target: Philip, her owner and best friend in the whole universe. Kiadan knew that her friend wouldn't mind another prank, even after she filled one of his shirts with an adhesive that had required a special trip to Ryian X5 for removal.

The two had been friends since Philip stumbled into the lab where she was being held by The Evil Scientist Who Was Not Funny™ for experiments. Kiadan growled as she remembered the horrible tortures he'd inflicted on everyone before the members of the Discordant Saint destroyed the space lab.

Musing to herself she clicked through the list of options before finally settling on gluing feathers to his hand. Pleased with her plan she scurried off to wreak havoc. She would need to wait for him to sleep for a few hours before she could implement her trickery. The feathers were easy. She'd secreted those away throughout the air caves months prior. She would need to collect more glue from engineering.

Returning to one of the many locations she'd stashed a feather she sighed as the feather would not come unstuck from where she'd glued it. "Stupid feather! You supposed to come when Kiadan pulls." Harrumphing to herself she began retracing her steps, hoping to find some feather that would do as it was told.

Through the course of her patrol, Kiadan didn't find a single feather willing to cooperate with her fiendish master prank. In a tantrum, Kiadan jumped up and down in the vent. "Stupid feathers!" she cried in her squeaky voice. To her shock, the vent came undone and she tumbled into a darkened room.