Chapter Eleven: Not Too Bad

Start from the beginning

At that, Gassy growled and pulled Dlive to his chest, wrapping his arms around him securely. Dlive blushed and eyed Gassy. "Yeah, it wasn't a pleasant sight, I remember it clearly. I wasn't too happy at that." He growled, kissing Dlive in front of me. "At least she knows you're mine now."

Dlive nodded with a dark blush, "Y-Yeah...Anyways, come on, Gunner."

Dlive interlocked hands with Gassy and ran down the hall, laughing like he was having the best time of his life. I clenched my teeth together and shoved my hands into my pockets. Why was my heart hurting so much? Why did it pain me to see Dlive so happy with Gassy? Why couldn't we still be friends like back then, w-why...? I shook my head. No, Entoan... Don't get jealous over them, don't. 

Don't...

~*~

I stared at the principal who was looking for my schedule that she happened to lose. This was just great, I might be late for my first day of class because of the principal. It's not like everyone's attention will be on me for being late, note the sarcasm. After Dlive and Gassy left me here to head to their classes, I heard Gassy talking to someone, but the only thing was I didn't get to hear any of their conversation. Whatever it was must have been pretty important if Gassy looked around to check if anyone was nearby. Well, it wasn't any of my business to begin with. I might as well let it all go. 

"Ahah! I think I may have found your schedule." The principal exclaimed, quickly unfolding the paper and scanning its contents. She nodded with a big smile and stuck her hand out, "Well, here you go. There's your new class schedule along with you locker number and combination."

I smiled, "Thank you, Miss. I appreciate the time you took to look for my schedule." I said, nodding at her as I stood up.

She smiled back and waved, "Have a good day, Gunner dear." She said.

I walked out of her office just as the one minute bell rang, I sighed and made my way to my first class: English, room 300. I looked at every door I passed by, making sure I didn't miss the door I was supposed to be looking for. I clicked my tongue, "I can't find this stupid class." I whined, scratching my neck.

"Do you need help?" 

I jumped and spun around, eyeing the boy who just spoke to me from over my shoulder. He had a wide smile and a piece of cloth with an omega sign covering his eyes. His hair was black and messy, overall he looked...handsome. Snap out of it, Entoan! This isn't the time to be checking out g-guyyys... I blinked. I just checked out a guy. I. Just. Checked. Out. A. Guy. Realization hit me like a brick to the face, not leaving my daze, the boy was eyeing me with interest as well. Since when did I look at guys like this?!

"Um, I'll take your silence as a yes... So, my names Ohm. What's your name?" He asked, snapping me out of my daze.

"O-Oh, my names Gunner... It's nice to meet you, Ohm." I said, holding out my hand for him to shake.

He smirked and pulled me into a hug, "Nice meeting you too, but let's start heading to your class. We have a minute to win it." He said, nudging my side.

I smiled, slightly disturbed that I didn't mind his hug. "Yeah, let's do that." I said, handing him my schedule.

Ohm eyed it and grinned, "Hey, we have English together!" He pointed out excitedly. He looked up at me from the paper and leaned in close to my face, "Y-Yes?" I asked, eyeing him carefully.

He frowned, "You know, you don't look like the picture on your schedule. Your hair is brown and short, and you have no piercings in the photo. But now, you're completely different with the black hair and piercings." He said, glancing at the photo then to me. "Is there a reason you went through this sudden change?" 

I gulped and looked down at the ground, "Not really, it's nothing important." I said, smiling reassuringly.

Ohm nodded hesitantly, like he didn't believe me when I said that. He shrugged his shoulders and grabbed my hand gently, shocking me to no end. "Come on, let's get to class. We don't need you being late for your first day here." He said, dragging me off to our English class. 

I let him drag me silently, I didn't know what to say for his extreme kindness towards me. I was shocked at the mere fact that he knew something was up with me. Not everyone asks if I'm okay, he's probably the third person to ask me that ever since the incident with Dlive. He's... He's something special. Ohm, huh? For some reason I can't help but think it's a nice name and that it suits him... His personality I mean. As we traveled down the hallways, myself being dragged by this person I just met, I made sure to try and memorize my surroundings. I can't always have Ohm helping me to class, that's just embarrassing.

"Thanks..." I blurted out suddenly.

Ohm looked over at me, "For what?" He asked.

I bit the inside of my cheek, "For helping me out on my first day, not everyone helps the new kid." I stated.

He chuckled, "I guess you're right there, but it's no problem. I'm glad to be of help." He said, smiling at me.

For the rest of the time, we chatted as we walked to class, creating small talk about games and things similar to that. So far this was proving to me that it might not be so bad living her again. I will of course miss Vanoss and his crew, but I have to get over it and make some new friends. I just hope it goes fairly easily for me. I don't need any drama at this school, I had enough of it when I was younger; too young to handle things like that... Ohm and I finally made it to our classroom door before the late bell rang, we smiled at each other as we entered. I walked over to the teacher to receive my seat.

This isn't too bad after all.