이십(20)

The sky grew darker as if sensing the current mood on everyone's hearts. The thunder howled in grief in the distance, giving the sense of a oncoming storm and the lightning gave a sudden sense of fear as it flashes, only briefly it lit up the sky, before returning to its dismal shade of melancholy.

Rain drizzled slightly, before it decided to add more juice to itself as it gradually had gotten heavier, overseeing a group of people surrounding what it appears to be a coffin. Tears were the only accessory on their faces and on the coffin.

Sure they don't have her body, but that doesn't mean that they can't pay their respects to her.

The seven of them held umbrellas as the eighth person knelt in front of it, bawling his eyes out in silence, getting soaked by the rain. Everyone had worn black with two flowers as pins: a pink carnation and a yellow chrysanthemum, since they were her favourite kinds of flowers. 

One by one, they paid their respects as they rested bouquets of both flowers inside of the coffin before closing it shut completely.

The Council behind their sons stood in solemn silence as they witnessed their sons paying respects to a Demon who has proven both her bravery and showed that it wasn't the Demons who had started the thousand year old war. Well, technically it was one Demon in particular, but she managed to end it all.

To be truthful, the Council wasn't angry at their sons. They were actually relieved. They themselves had wanted to end the war between the two clans but because of hatred, anger and greed aroused which clouded their vision, they killed them off instead.

Gabriel looked over to Hunter before walking over to him and patted him on his back. Words couldn't work again at this point because they were powerless against actions. "Your sister...she's a tough one," he spoke after a few minutes, breaking the silence.

"Father, not now," Jimin spoke.

Hunter sniffed before he turned his head around and smiled, "I'm really glad it's raining now."

--------------------------------

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into 4 months with no sign of Haneul ever returning or showing a signal that she's still alive.

After taking a vote, the Council had decided to abolish all Demon Hunters, relieving them of their posts to make up time with their friends, families and lives. The Bangtan Boys chose to stay together, no matter what, including their current situation.

They had searched through all of Nova Crest, through parallel universes, galaxies hoping that they'll see her face, even if it's just for one last time. They even checked places that they themselves wouldn't go and came out with nothing, no answers, nothing. Not even the place where Demons go when they die...

When Hunter had gotten the news of their failure, his expression didn't change. In fact, his eyes had gotten darker and the light was gone totally. He nodded before he dragged his feet to his room, since no one had the heart to do anything to Haneul's own. 

"We should cheer him up or something," Taehyung suggested, "Oh and bring Jungkook with us. He hasn't come out of his room in a week and in there reeks of sweat." "Poor dude. He's depressed," Jin agreed, "We should take him out for ice cream."

"Is he a kid or an adult?" Yoongi asked with a disgusted expression. They walked to his room and Namjoon knocked on the door before calling out, "Hunter, go wash up. We'll be going out." "No, I-I rather stay," he responded in a small voice before Jin had this look in his eyes and made a knife appear out of thin air.

"I think you didn't hear us," he scraped the knife on its hilt, "Wash up. We're going out." "I'll be out at in a few," he answered. Jin winked before making the knife disappear. Man, that guy just loves to make threats.