Book Twenty-seven: exciting return

Start from the beginning

   I placed my hands on my hips, turning my gaze to look at Phineas sitting on my sofa with legs crossed, sipping his wine as he enjoyed watching her. I really wonder what he see in her and why they can't get married already.

   I felt a pull on my skirt. I looked down to see Jewels looking up at me, hugging the mermaid doll Rominic bought her, steel blue eyes twinkling like diamond as she blinked her long lashes cutely. I scooped her up from the floor and carried her into my arms. "Hello, Beautiful,"

   "Where's Water Prince?" Ouch. She looked over my shoulder to see if she could spot Rominic. I get it, she liked him more. "Did he not come?"

   "He did, probably trying to get our stuffs."

   "I'll go help!" She tried to get out of my hold but I held her tight. "Oof, let go!" I reluctantly dropped her. She didn't wait for a second before she ran off, not even sparing me a glance. I pouted disappointedly.

   "Mom? Mom!" I turned to see Zayne running towards me, already spreading his arms apart. At least I had my own cute baby. I caught him when he jumped into the air, pulled him to my chest and wrapped his growing legs around my torso. "Mom, I've missed you, Zyaire shaved Mr. Ruffles so Serafina shaved his brows." Straight to the details.

   "Really? Guess you are happy big sister is taking care of you, huh?" He nodded with a goofy smile. I felt someone tap my thigh. I looked down to see Serenity impatiently waiting for her own hug. Rylee was still jamming to the music, Phineas still focus on watching her ass jingle. "Where are the others?" I asked as I dropped Zayne down.

   "Sera is..."

   "Dad!" I cringed from Sera's squeal. She heartbreakingly ran past me to greet her favorite parent. Zachary was walking towards us, trying to peel Gabby off him. I smiled at the sight of her on his back, talking non-stop and clinging to him as he desperately tried to get her off him. My poor Zachary would never remain the same.

   "Somebody, get her off me!" He screamed at the verge of tears. I averted my eyes from him to stare at Serene who was now in my arms and saying something about how cool Rylee is. I paid attention to her, frowning at the makeup on her face and the style of clothing Rylee was successfully possessing her with. I don't like it. The style wasn't good at all for my sweet little angel.

   "Why are you dressed like this? I don't like it."

   "Aunt Rylee said it's cool and I like it. I love the leather and the rips and the... I don't like the black though," she pouted, "not completely my style..."

   "Then maybe you can still dress like this but instead of making it black, you can make it colorful, what do you think?" Her eyes lit up with excitement and joy.

   "That's a brilliant idea, mom, why didn't I think about it?" She mused. In the past, she would call me mommy, but now her new use of mom and the way she speaks testified of her incredible mental growth. The change of environment was really doing her a lot of good, all of them. I dropped her down just as Rominic walked in, Sera skipping in front of him and him smiling at Jewels using all her strength to carry one of my empty bags.

   "Dad!" To say I was jealous was and understatement. All five of them squealed his name and ran to him, including Gabby. They simply forgot me. I huffed, crossed my arms and walked over to join Phineas in his seat. He laughed and handed me his glass to take a drink. Rylee already stopped playing. She was now seated with one leg carelessly raised and swinging side to side, a gum being nastily murdered in her mouth. Her arms were sprawled over the back of the chair, her gum murdering sound becoming more annoying every second. I scowled at her and looked at Phineas who had his arm around my shoulders now.