"I'll talk to him." I said before standing up to open my door.

We were right. It was Colewearing his usual black shirt, sweatpants, and a black branded sneakers.

He looked better than the last time I saw him. He was looking at me like he was weighing things. Like he has a lot of things to say. His eyes were bloodshot, halatang galing sa pag-iyak.

He knows.

Everything inside me felt empty.

Pero masakit.

Ubos na ako pero masakit pa rin.

"Brent and his driver are here. We can talk in my room." I said. Iniwan ko ang pinto na bukas para makapasok siya at naglakad na ako papasok ng kwarto.

I can feel him following me.

Ramdam ko din ang pagsunod ng tingin sa amin ni Dana at ang tapos nang magluto na si Brent.

He closed the door of my room when he entered. I can see how he's slightly shaking. He's on the verge of a breakdown.

I wanted to breakdown with him.

I wanted to cry.

But I couldn't show anything.

I'm just... so drained.

Yet, still hurting.

"V-Vienne... I-I didn't know---"

"I know..." Putol ko. "I didn't tell you— I couldn't."

"I-I'm sorry..."

I wanted to ask him why.

What's the sorry for?

But I was so tired of it.

I was completely drained.

"Are you?" I asked him.

He bit his lips. "I'm sorry for not being there, Erica Vienne."

"Y-You were with Addie..." I started. "I... went there because Matty sent me a picture of you and Addie, entering a room." I scoffed. "That ass... He told me you were cheating on me..."

"The only room we went to was the game room... We weren't alone in that room..."

"I know you didn't cheat on me, C. I know you're incapable of doing that." I said. "I know you... and I trust you... so much." My heart started hurting even more. "That night, Matty told me that I was just a replacement for Addie... Na kaya mo lang ako pinili kasi ako yung nandito. Kaya lang ako nandito kasi kailangan mo ako."

Tears started rolling down my cheeks. Why am I crying again? Ubos na ubos na ako.

"You wanna know the worst part, Cole?" I wiped my tears with the back of my hand. "I believed him."

His eyebrows furrowed. "W-What?"

"Naniwala ako sa lahat ng sinabi niya kasi... kasi 'yon din yung iniisip ko pala... Y-You never even told Tita Karen about us. Noong... Noong birthday mo," I held my chest to clutch it. "I-I was about to hold your hand but she was already holding you..." I sobbed. "I saw how you calmed down. I saw how she hugged you." I wiped my tears. "I saw how you didn't look at me because she was already there..."

"Vienne—"

"You said you were looking at me..." I sobbed. "Turned out you were just glancing."

I harshly wiped my tears. I wanted it to stop.

"When I told you I had something to say about Matty..." My chest tightened. "I wanted to tell you that he was making me feel uncomfortable... He was being touchy... He was flirting with me..."

"W-Why... Why didn't you tell me?"

"Kasi inisip muna kita." I honestly answered. "Ayokong makadagdag sa'yo... Gusto ko ako yung kailangan mo..."

We were both crying while staring at each other's eyes.

We're both in pain.

"Cole..."

He shook his head.

"If you're real sorry..." I gathered all the air that I can get. "Then, let's not talk ever again."

My heart was harshly pounding.

Everything's breaking my heart.

I know I have to do this.

"Because looking at you... looking at you..." makes me want to drown myself. I sighed.

"Just be with Addie, Cole..."

I used to be the girl who always know what she wants.

But now, I'm unsure.

I don't know if I want him to be with her--- to be with somebody else,

But I can't take him anymore...

He was, even unintentionally, shattering me.

"Tutal, hindi mo naman na kailangan ng convenience ko."

That...

That was the last conversation I had with Cole Gregorio.

My bestfriend.

My first love.

My first boyfriend.

First in everything.

Including the heartbreak trauma.

--

Next chapter will be the present time :>

Thank you so much for supporting PRN :>

- aly