Operation poigittu iruku

Prathap told from over the phone.

Prathap's colleague and very best companion with whom he had a bond of friendship extended for a lifetime has been admitted to the hospital after a mild cardiac attack. He has no children but only his wife and Prathap was the first person she could think of calling at the rush moment.

Of course coming from the battlefield dead is no new to them. Yet now,
As days passed, death felt so near and shockingly scared even Prathap.

Adhi could very well sense the intense agitations in Prathap's unsteady voice. He could understand that seeing someone you dearly possess affection of, fighting for his life is not an easy thing to watch.

Ad: Naa venumna varatta? Unga kooda irukata?

After much hesitation, Adhi finally asked unknowingly spreading a warm smile across Prathap's face at his son's genuine concern.

Adhityan might not be a lovey-dovey person we mostly see in those soap operas but he had his own ways of showing affection.

Paravala pa, naa pathukuren

Sure?

Sure.

~~~~~~

Dhira for the nth time tried to carry the heavy package that the courier man had just delivered but it was too big and heavy for her. She sigh defeatedly while mentally scolding herself to not asking him to place it inside but she knows that it's not safe.

Suddenly she was struck by an idea. She hesitated at first but consoled herself that there were no other way anyways and approached Adhi's house.

She found Adhi sitting in the living room in the floor with his laptop and stationeries scattered everywhere.
She cleared her throat before calling him,

Vaathiyare?

Adhi had his earphones plunged with songs on full volume. Even the calling bell couldn't stir up his attention.

Vaathiyare!!
Professor sir!!
Professor!!!
Mr. Adhi!!!
Adhi!!!

Despite all the names she tried and loudest volume she could pull off without earning any attention from the other neighbours, Dhira couldn't gain his attention at all.

Yenna ivaru?! Vitta odachi yaravadhu ulla vandha kudha theriyadhu pola?!

She scornfully scolded him but it's not like he could hear that too anyway. She was about to give up before making one last attempt,

ADHITHYA!

Adhi quickly jerked his head up to her direction with widen eyes. Dhira was finally relieved that he had returned to reality although the shock in his eyes did astonish her but decided to not ask or he might not help her.

Adhi put down his laptop, removed his earphones and ran to the door.
Ad: Yennachi?
Dh: Oru help venum
Ad: yenna help?
Dh: Andha parcel'ah yen room'la thookivandhu koodhuka mudhiyuma? Romba heavy'ah iruku, please?

Dhira pleaded with puppy eyes but she didn't knew he had already melted before she even tried.

Adhi nodded smiling before opening the gate and followed behind her,
Dh: Romba neram try panren! Thooka've mudhila!
Ad: Courier anupumbothu avangala'ye kondu veka sollirkalamla?
Dh: Ana adhu safe illala! Naa thaniya vera irukken! Yenaku bayama irukadha?