Kurloz Finds His Voice.

Kurloz and Meulin are sitting in pure silence. Partially becuase he couldn't speak, not that she could hear him if he said anything. They usually communicated telepathically. He loves Meulin and she loves him. They sat there without a word being spoken or heard, for an immeasurable number of minutes. Time didn' texist when they were together. Finally, Meulin decided to speak up.

"KURLOZ?"

(signs) "Yes, Meulin?"

"WHY DO YOU FOLLOW THE MIRTHFUL MESSIAHS?"

(signs) "Because they are the only force that can stand against English. We have been over this."

"I KNOW, BUT IT BOTHERS ME...WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU'RE DESCENDANT..."

He didn't reply. He simply grabbed her face and kissed her lips with his sown lips. Meulin would usually play with the thread with her tongue when they kissed, but his was too passionate of a kiss. Too special and loving, not playful and intimate. The kiss broke and he reached her mind with his.

"I Love you, Meulin."

"I Love you too, Kurloz."

She sent him the mental picture of the cat from Sailor Moon. He returned her picture with Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas. They smiled at eachother and Meulin giggled loudly. She curled up in his lap and hid her face in his neck. He patted her head and kissed her cheek. She hummed a tune that he didn't recognize. Eventually, she feel asleep in his arms. He carried her to her hive. He placed her under her kitty blanket and went to the living room to sleep. He had not slept in the same bed as Meulin since the last time...

Later in the night, Meulin woke up alone. She went into the living room to see Kurloz asleep on the pea green couch. She placed a warm anime blanket on him. She kissed his cheek where the stithes end. She went back into her room and layed down, a single tear flowed down her cheek. She felt so alone. She started to sob uncontrollably. He was roused from sleep by her loud cries. He instantly ran to her. When he entered her room, he took her into his arms and cradled her. She sobbed into his chest for a few more minutes but no matter how many pictures of her OTP he showed her couldn't make her remember the sounds she could never hear again. He tried to console her again and again, he tried the last thing he could think of, a single image of her and Kurloz before he had sewn his lip and before he made her deaf. This made her look up a him, eyes green from sobbing, and she stopped crying. He sighed in relief.

"I was about to call Horuss over here to help, as he is your moirail. I was seriously doubting our matespritship..."

"N-no, I am alright now. I probably would be dehydrated if you hadn't been here to hold me."

"Are you sure you are alright, Meulin?"

She took a second to gather her thoughts and paused, looking into his eyes again.

"I will be more than okay in a little time. I just need patience."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is for my bae. Next time you go somewhere for longer than a day, tell me before hand! This is your punishment...kinda?