3) My Sun

A soft touch on my large hand that was holding the teacup. My head jerks left to hear the sound of breathing nearby. The torrent of leaves and rain outside has signed the coming of winter. The distinct sound of a clink when my teacup was being taken and set on the table.

"Cecil...Is there something wrong with the tea?"

"...no, that ain't it. I was glad that you accepts being my caretaker despite my selfishness. You haven't even left me when you should take an opportunity to flee when I cannot see you."

The bell of laughter immediately breaks out.

"You jest. Why would I leave you alone? If what you said. Why did you request me? Especially in your state, Cecil?"

I curl up the corner of my mouth slightly. I can't help to imagine what my caretaker Grace Bellevue looks like. Perhaps...A long ginger hair with bewitching green eyes. Stereotypes. I know. But what if it is true?

"You are just like a sun that will not leave a moon alone."

The bell of laughter started again. The graze of the warm fingers touches my bicep before pulling back. Leaving me a bit cold without her warm hand.

"You're my moon, Cecil. Yes, I will not leave you alone!"

I smile at her words.

And you are my sun.

.

.

.

.