Who Murdered Gwen Stacy?

Začať od začiatku

She found herself in a hospital room. Oh, shit, she thought to herself.

She heard the loud and sarcastic voice burst into her room. Her eyes were wide with confusion.

She mumbled, "Mr. Stark?"

She watched as he waved the nurses away and said in an authoritative tone, "She's my responsibility, so I have every right to be in this room. Now leave."

He walked over to the chair next to her bed as he threw himself down and said, "So, when were you planning to tell me you're a superhero... the most wanted superhero in New York City!"

She opened her mouth, and closed it back not knowing what to say. What was she supposed to do? Tell him everything?

He hadn't met her stair, his eyes were busy being glued on the television with the sudden news report, Wanted: Vigilante Spider-Man!

She cleared her throat hoping she'd grab his attention, but nothing.

She cleared her throat once more, but louder. He was still too focus on what the news reporter was saying.

She rolled her eyes and said even louder, "Mr. Stark!"

He said without turning his head, "I heard you the first time, go on."

She said in a low tone afraid of the many questions that would abrupt, "I'm not Spider-Man..."

He reached for the remote as he turned the volume up to the highest point it could. He leaned forward and said, "Stop. Do not say another word. There are people all around this building wanting to either question you or to try to kill you. So, what we're going to do you're going to get dressed and we're leaving. Alright, kid?"

She nodded her head not knowing if she should be scared or grateful that Tony had come to help her.

She pulled the IV gently out of her arm, a familiar thing she's done one too many times in her lifetime. She slowly got out of bed wincing in pain from every part of her body, but paused not knowing what she was supposed to put on since she had no clothes but the Peter's old Spider-Man suit.

She turned her head to look at Tony as he rubbed his temple in frustration saying, "I'm not stupid. Pepper packed a bag of clothes that should fit you. It's in the bathroom."

She nodded as she ran in and saw a black duffel bag waiting for her. She opened it up to find a Stark's Industry sweater, and a matching pair of jogger to go with it. Tony's merch, very classy.

She slipped into the clothes quickly as she caught a plane of herself in the mirror. She retraced her step as she looked at herself. An image she known too familiar, she had unfortunate way of getting into fights in the orphanage when she was younger. None of them being her own fault, but the blame always fell on her. She tilted her face to the left and then the right examining it. All scratched and bruised, her mascara smudged under her eyes making her look like she put too much eyeliner on. For some reason, something about knowing she can defend herself pleased her.

She shook out of her thoughts as she grabbed Peter's old suit, and stuffed it in the duffel bag. She hit something whilst in there as she reached back into the bag finding a hat that said Stark on it. She grabbed the black hair tie that was always around her rest as she slipped her hair in a low bun, and placed the hat over her head. She blinked a few times as her contacts from last night felt dry in her eyes.

She walked out the bathroom to Tony leaning agains the wall tapping his foot impatiently. He leaned his head towards the door as I nodded as we both slipped out, and trying to avoid anyone who could recognize Nat. She head behind him since Tony was a fairly tall man. Well, any man was taller than she was.

The successfully snuck out the hospital with no one stopping them. Nat noticed the numerous crowds of news reporters stand put outside the hospital waiting to see who this mystery girl was. The mystery girl they thought claimed to be the one and only Spider-Man. If only they knew, it was beyond from the truth.

Tony paused in front of black limousine as an older man with curly black and white peppered hair opened the door for him. He nodded at Tony and at Nat as they slipped into the back seat.

Nat jumped to the sound of Tony's phone ringing. Nat sat silently as she listened to Tony talk on the phone.

He said, "Pepper, I'll be there."

"Yes, she's here with me right now."

"Uhhh, she looks fine."

"No, I didn't have time to ask the annoying nurses if she had any major injuries!"

Nat eyes grew wide as she began to feel around herself for any signs of major injuries. Tony laughed as he placed his hand over the phone and said, "I'm kidding, I wouldn't have gotten you out of the hospital if you needed severe medical attention."

She mouthed towards him, "Oh", not wanting to interrupt his phone call.

He ended the call with, "I love you too. Tell Peter we can finish building his robot toy once we're back."

Nat's head perked up to the sound of Peter's name being said.

She said, "I didn't know you had kids."

Tony spoke as he was putting his phone back in his pocket, "Two. Oldest is 8, he's Peter. and the second is on the way."

She nodded and asked curiously, "Why the name Peter?"

He looked out the window and said, "I had a dream. With a boy named Peter, felt important. It stood out to me a lot. I can't remember the dream, but I remembered the name.. That same day Pepper and I found out we were pregnant."

She nodded as she smiled. She asked, "Do you know what the second's going to be?"

He nodded and said, "Name's going to be Morgan. I had a dream about her too, one that I actually remembered. We don't know the gender yet, but I just know it's a girl."

She smiled.

Tony looked at her while tapping his finger on his leg, "Alright, so are we going to talk about the elephant in the room or are you going to keep asking questions about my kids."

She shook her head and said, "I don't even know where to start... or if I am allowed to even say anything."

He nodded and said, "You do realize I'm the richest man in the world. If I want information, I can get it. Whether it's from you or not."

She caught herself with a wide mouth not knowing what to say.

He motioned with his hand for her to start talking.

She asked, "First, how did you find me?"

He squinted his eyes at her annoyed and said, "Did you just tune out the part that I can get any information I please?"

Her face dropped realizing the stupidity in her question as she rubbed her face.

He said slightly laughing to lighten the mood, "The prototype watch... It alerted me when your heart rate escalated too high and dropped to a dangerous point."

She sat up in her seat and asked, "Was I close to death?"

He chuckled, "No, but if it kept escalating or decreasing then yes."

She nodded not knowing that the watch could do any of that.

Tony explained how Pepper was very fond of her and sensed since the early stages of her pregnancy that she had to be a sort of mother figure towards Nat. Nat slightly smiled to herself and said, "That's sweet."

He nodded and agreed, "One of the many things I love about her."

Love.

She repeated the word to herself, "Love."

She practically shouted, "Oh, fuck! Peter!"

Tony tilted his head confused. She asked desperately, "Can I borrow your phone? Please."

He sighed as he pulled his phone out of his pocket handing it to her.

She quickly dialed the number as she heard his soft masculine voice, "Hello?"

She sighed in relief and said, "Peter?"