Who Murdered Gwen Stacy?

Loud sirens had began to erupt all around the three of them. Cop cars pulling up to the building, the SWAT Team hopping out of their vans, and helicopters swooping into the scene.

Nat looked at Peter as he asked anxiously, "Where's your mask?"

She froze remember her mask has fallen off when she was yanked out the window previously. She shook her head at him not knowing.

Peter grunted in a low tone, "Fuck."

Harry who was still laying on the floor started bursting laughing. They both turn to look at him as he muttered, "Oh, you both have no idea... There's a warrant for the arrest of Spider-Man for murdering Gwen Stacy."

Nat glanced up at Peter, who's face was as pale as a ghost. Peter couldn't process the words that had just come out of Harry's mouth. All he knew was the rage he felt from his body then and there. If there was murder on his mind, it was going to be to murder Harry Osborne.

He felt the warmth of Nat's hands grasp onto his face. His eyes met hers and suddenly the rage was put aside.

She said softly, "You have to go."

He shook his head and said, "No, we have to go."

She sighed and said, "They're after you.. which means they're after me. I'm wearing your suit. I'll distract them enough for you to get out."

He grasped onto her hands and said, "No, this is all my fault. I need to deal with this myself."

Nat knew there was no way for him to budge, but she knew she had to save him from this mess.

She leaned her head against his and asked, "Do you trust me?"

He looked into her eyes and saw something different within her. Her eyes filled with tender and love and a slight hence of insanity.

He nodded his head and whispered, "I do."

She pointed at Harry's board and said, "Get on... We'll leave."

He nodded as he got on and felt the clasp fall over his feet. He reached out his hand for her to grab, but she walked away from him.

He said, "Nat?"

She smiled softly in her look of sadness and said, "You've never had anyone to protect you, but that changes today."

She typed away on her watch as she spoke into it, "Ned, take him home."

He yelled, "Nat, what the hell-"

Before, he was finished he was out the building and away from the chaos. Nat could hear the sudden shouts breaking through the silence of the night from a SWAT member announcing that they were going to break into the building if Spider-Man wouldn't come out.

She looked at Harry who had stood up as he smiled with his tongue caressing the top of his teeth.

Nat felt unsettled about his presence. He said, "You're going to die you know. Maybe not now, maybe not tomorrow.. but you will. Because anyone who loves a hero always dies."

She laughed as she kept walking away from him and said, "Hey, Harry. Catch."

She threw towards him one of the green bombs she stole from off his board the same that had been thrown at her previously.

He yelled, "You fucking bitc-"

They both went flying in opposite directions. And there Nat was, falling back into a pit of soundless darkness.

***

Nat abruptly woke up to the loud news report that had flooded the room she was in. She opened her eyes wide and frantic almost forgetting any recollection she had on what had happened in the past 24 hours. She tried to sit up as she groaned in immediate pain to her abdomen. She grasped her abdomen as she gently helped herself up.