a boy can dream

SEPT

SEPT

a boy can dream

AUTHOR'S POV

the days to follow were long and filled with the kind of bliss only your home could give. the summer days opened as if the light itself was a getaway into a dream world.

early mornings spent sitting by the river with a cup of coffee in hand and watching the ducks flowing around with the river flow, followed by the fishermen heading off for a new day's catch. the shadows of the palm leaves above her would announce time for breakfast, the shadows the sun forms dancing it's way across the ground.

spending time in the kitchen with her mom and then heading off with elijah to the fields, watching loki run around with a coconut they found on the way as their mom clicked pictures of them. playing hide and seek with kids nearby who were far more fascinated listening to how their village looks from the skies above than finding a place to hide.

plucking flowers from their garden ( with elijah throwing her petals to annoy her ) and placing it on their dad's grave every morning, continuing their tradition since they were kids. having lunch at home and catching up on all the sleep she missed. getting oil massages from her mom and fighting with her brother on who gets the final head champi.

spending evenings helping the older kids out in maths and english, finally putting to use all the years she spend working out countless rd sharma guides to get good grades. night times was purely devoted to going out for movies and then food after which they would drive around, head out the windows ( probably not the safest thing to do ), feeling the wind her hair and being so grateful because these are the days she lives for.

midnight's, however, were solely devoted to telling a brown-eyed, which always looked like polished amber in the fresh rays on dawn during their video calls, everything that happened the 12 hours between their last call. and for him to return the favour.

today was another such night. they got back from taking a walk on the beach, ezra still smelling like salt water and sand from elijah and her making sandcastles. she had just got out from the shower, water droplets still falling from her damp hair.

she could dry her hair later but this call can't wait, after all.

it seemed like dev too had got out of the shower for his messy hair lay tousled and his skin seemed to be glowing under the hotel room lights.

the amount of self-control it took for ezra to not stare at him was unimaginable. the act she put up on not being fazed by that man and his painfully beautiful face blatantly deserved an oscar in her opinion.