Good As New

After Lord Dominator's reign, or Dominator as she had lost the rank. Everything seemed to be back to the way it was. Wander wandering around, Sylvia tagging along, villains trying to conquer planets. Everything seems to be just as any other day in this galaxy, kinda…

A few months after that day, the Hater Empire had successfully become number one in the villain leaderboard! It was easy, quick and -

"BORING!"

That didn't sound right.

"E-Excuse me, s-sir?" Peepers replied, his eye looking in bewilderment.

"THIS! US, we finally got everything! The planets, the weapons, the riches! BUT IT'S BORING!"

Hater exclaimed while wobbling his arms.

He then flopped to a sitting position on his throne, his back hunched and his left arm on his knee, supporting the weight of his chin on top of it.

Peepers felt annoyed by that statement, THEY FINALLY CONQUERED THE WHOLE GALAXY! What else could this skeleton overlord need?!

"I- sir! We finally got everything you've ever wanted! Everything we've ever dreamt of when we were just first starting out!"

Peepers is very proud of what they have achieved but this wasn't the reaction he was expecting from Lord Hater. They’ve really come a long way to be at the very top, after all. Shouldn’t he be happy? Proud?

Hater sighed exaggeratedly and slumped back to his throne. He stared at the ceiling for a moment then shot up his hands onto his face and groaned. Peepers thought that was insulting.

"UUUUGGGHH I KNOW! I JUST, WHY AM I NOT HAPPY WITH ALL THAT? It doesn't make any sense!" He whined.

Peepers felt the need to come to Hater and try to console him. He really didn't like Hater being sad and mopey, but it somehow became an instinct to come up to him and console this bag of bones. As he did, he reached his tiny arm to his overlord but before he could place his hand, Hater spoke.

"Is this really what I wanted?"

Peepers froze, either from that or how Hater said it. It was soft and sad, he'd heard him in this tone before but it was always about 'giving up' or 'I'm not good enough' and Peepers will always be there to lift up his spirits. But he isn't sure about this one. Now that they've got what they've worked so hard on, what now?

"Sir… I don't know,"

Peepers then proceeded to place his hand onto Hater's right knee, rubbing it gently.

Peepers reassured in a soft, gentle and slightly firm voice.

"But, what I do know is that we are number one! This is probably one of those days, I'm sure you're just tired from all the leading and awesome entrances. How about you go get some rest and start a new day, yeah? You'll be good as new."

Hater thought about it for a moment and began fixing up his posture, looked at Peepers, then at the ceiling, and took in a deep breath.

"Okay."

"Goodnight, Sir." Peepers saluted.

After that, Hater stood up and went to the direction of his bedroom, Peepers followed behind but split ways after he'd gone in the direction to his.