"What, Sara?"

She furrowed her eyebrows, taken aback by his foul mood.

"I-- Um,"

"Just spit it out," he said, not turning his attention from the car.

"What's with the hostility?"

"Forget it. What do you want?"

"Nothing, Dean. I was just bringing you a beer." She set it down, trying not to let her feelings get hurt.

"Well, clearly you wanted something. So? Did Sam cry to you about me not wanting to spill my guts? Are you here to ask how I'm doing?"

"Dean--"

"I'm fine. I wish everyone would stop being so worried and just make themselves damn useful."

Her heart sank. This was not even close to either scenario she pictured in her mind, and she felt tears begin to sting her eyes. Dean got out from under the car then, noticing the tears brimming her eyes.

"Why are you crying, Sara?" The question came out as an accusation, seeming to say, 'what right do you have to be crying right now?'

"What do you want me to do, Dean?" Her voice was steadier than she thought it would be, despite the tears that now fell from her eyes.

"I want you to leave me alone! Just leave."

She nodded, a bitter expression on her face. "So you're pushing me away again. How many times does that make?"

"You know what, Sara, go home. Stop imposing on Bobby, stop trying to fix me, stop being a sad puppy and go live your own life, okay?"

Sara drew in a shuddering breath, looking up and trying to will the tears back into her eyes. She didn't say anything as she walked away, placing the beers on a nearby car and leaving behind the piece of her heart that Dean stomped on.

She walked into the house to see Bobby talking to Sam, both of them looking up with wide eyes when they saw Sara's face.

"What--" Sam tried to say.

"Me and Joey gotta go," Sara said in between the sobs she was trying to contain.

"What?" Sam's eyebrows furrowed as he stood, hands grabbing Sara's shoulders. "Sara, why?" His eyes searched hers, but she looked down and shook her head.

"I-- um," another sob racked her body. "Dean doesn't want me here anymore. Apparently I'm imposing on Bobby and following you guys around like a sad puppy. So I gotta go. I'm so sorry, Sammy." Sam pulled her into a hug, him and Bobby exchanging angry glances.

"Sara, you were never imposing on me. I enjoyed every moment of you and Joey staying here. Even when your dog shat in my living room."

Sara gave a watery giggle, pulling away from the hug. "Thank you, Bobby. I really do need to go, though. I'm sorry."

Bobby nodded, taking a sip of his drink. Sara walked up the stairs to the room that Joey was staying in, waking him up gently.

"Hey, JJ. We gotta go."

"Go? Go where?"

"Home. I'll explain on the way. Get your stuff together, okay? Let me know if you need help."

Joey nodded, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. The tears came again when she thought of moving him again, shattering the stability she so desperately wanted for him. She walked back down the steps, gathering her own few meager possessions and the clothing she got into a suitcase.

"How're you gonna get there?" Bobby's voice came from the kitchen, and Sara flinched, having forgotten the blue truck she left at the cabin she met the boys at. "Thought so," he walked to the wall containing quite a few rings containing keys. He grabbed a set of keys, tossing it over to Sara who looked at him questioningly.

"Old mustang. The one you always liked. I fixed her up while you were away with the boys."

"Bobby, I can't--"

"I'm not gonna drive her. I was gonna give her to you anyway, so now's as good a time as any. But she's old, so go easy on her."

Sara nodded, pacing over to him and hugging him tightly. "Thank you so much, Bobby. For everything."

He patted her head. "Anytime. You better stay in touch, ya hear?"

"I'll call so much you'll get tired of hearing my voice."

Bobby smiled. "Never."

Sara heard the door to Joey's room open and his footsteps followed by the clunking of his suitcase as he came down the stairs. Juno was closely in tow, tail wagging at whatever new adventure this was.

Sara looked to Sam, who was leaning against the kitchen counter. She walked over to him, grabbing one of his hands. "You need me, you call. Got it? I don't care what time it is. I love you, Sammy." He looked down at her with misty eyes, and pulled her into a hug. She sniffled, saying her final goodbyes and letting Joey do the same.

Sara, Joey and Juno walked through the door and Sara looked back one more time to Sam and Bobby. She gave them one last wave, clutching the keys to her new car in her hand and shutting the door behind her. 

Keeping up with the Jonesesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें