24) Family matters

Start from the beginning

Now there are two panicking red-faced individuals in this kitchen. While they're recovering, you search the cabinets for the items you came to get and call over to the vampire lady.
"Come on, we've got work to do!"
The three of you, with Santana silently watching from a corner, set the table, and you smile at how much this feels like a normal everyday thing. Something in the back of your mind keeps trying to disturb your happiness, but you can't seem to realise what it is, so you just dismiss it as aftereffects of your transformation.

It doesn't take long for Wamuu to arrive, serving the first meal, and Sanny, Esidisi, Arya and you sit at the table, waiting for the Lord. But a while passes, and he's nowhere to be seen.
"I guess... We just... Eat?" You suggest, and everyone nods slightly. Slowly all of you start eating, and Wamuu peeks from the kitchen, saying "Lord Kars said he won't be joining us until later. He wishes you all a good meal."
You look at each other questioningly, but continue eating, as you chat about things like what it was like to be a wolf, how each of the people smellt, and even about the fight with vampires you all went through. When Wamuu joins you all after serving the last meal, you tell him about talking to the horses and he doesn't look one bit surprised.
"Their attitude sounds accurate. I wish I would be able to talk to them, it would make many things that much easier."
You promise Wamuu to attenpt to translate what they say for him.

The evening carries on, and you feel yourself being even more tired, whdn suddenly the doors barge open and Kars enters, sitting at the table.
"Sorry for the delay."
"My Lord, shall I serve you your-"
"No need, Wamuu." Says the purple-haired man as he fixes up his clothing. "I'm not hungry."
You are all a bit on edge, but nobody has the courage to ask Kars about what he was doing, and he doesn't seem to want to share. You talk some more, with Kars mostly silent or sometimes asking questions, and you can barely hold your eyes open anymore. Kars stands up and walks over to you.
"It's rest time, the human is falling asleep at the table."

Everyone dispersers, no protests, as Kars gently picks you up and careies you to your room, setting you on your bed. As he covers you with a blanket, you quietly ask him something your sober mind would never.
"What happened, Kars?"
He seems thrown of by your sudden remark, but he answers.
"I was studying something about that ability of yours. I'll tell you some other day."
With that, he gently brushes away the hair in your face and leaves as you quickly fall into slumber.

~~~~~

In your dream, everything seems normal at first. You walk through a forest, looking at the lush green trees and the moss pillows, when suddenly you hear someone calling you.
"Y/N! Y/N!"
You start trotting, eventually almost sprinting, as the forest around you slowly gets colder and more bare, until you're in a winter forest. The voice doesn't seem any closer, until you glimpse a person in the distance.
"Mom...?"

~~~~~

You wake up with your face covered in tears, while someone was apparently trying to carefully wake you up. You turn around you in your sleepy confusion to see Wamuu sitting by your head, gently petting your hair, and Santana who's sitzing at the edge of your bed with a concerned look.
"Kitty-" "Forti-"
They both speak at the same time.
"Oh, um, you go first..." Says Santana to Wamuu while scooting a little closer to you. You take the chance and grab Sanny's hand, holding it close to your heart to calm yourself down.

"Kitten, we came to bring you breakfast, but we heard you crying and we saw you were pulling on your hair, is everything okay?"
You think about what to answer long and hard, until you feel your heartbeat has slowed down and you wipe your eyes.
"I had a dream, and I think I saw my mother there..."
The two men look at each other in confusion.
"Your mother? Why would that make you sad?"
You realise the Pillarmen's family dynamics are logically definitely pretty different from human ones.
"Um, well, my mother raised me ever since I was little, taught me everything I know, took care of me, loved me..." You pause as your eyes start stinging once more. "I- I miss my parents..." You say, slightly sobbing again.