Why?

Children were running around the living room, screaming and giggling along with tripping at every chance they get. They were being loud,  but it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. "  Remember Y/N, be quiet, and don't forget to remain a good child" my papá has said it to me, as a warning. The children were still moving around, not caring if they run into someone.
Casita took care of them, not letting them fall into anything that could hurt them, as always.

My papá was far away, chuckling softly, looking surprised for some reason I wasn't aware of, with someone I believed to be Félix Madrigal. They were close, well close enough to invite me and my family the the event of his niece's gifting ritual.
My mamá was looking after my two twin brothers, Diego and Alberto, who were the only kids that remained 'well-mannered' as my papá would say.

My papá had strict rules and manners. He didn't tolerate bad language or any kind of good things in a child's eyes. I would be often annoyed by the things he did to 'educate' or 'punish' me, of course for my own good, even tho I knew exactly why he did what he did. He wanted to drown my mamá's traits showing up in me.

All the adults were in the middle of the living room, dancing, and singing.
Isabel, Dolores, and Luisa Madrigal were welcoming the incoming guests, greeting them kindly as Luisa took off as soon as someone came with a donkey or horse, helping them by getting the animals out of the way for the night.

I was eyeing Pepa and Julieta Madrigal, whilst they encouraged Mirabel Madrigal that everything is going to be okay.
The child was trying to smile, struggling at it clearly, and gripped on her skirt as her fingers grew white.
Her glasses were in Julieta's hands, foggy and grey.
She kept repeating that she had a bad feeling about tonight's events, sweating and swearing to be telling the truth.
If I would do that my papá would slap me with no regrets.

5-year-old Camilo Madrigal appeared out of nowhere, attempting to shift into Mirabel to make her laugh, failing to shift, instead the boy's head being Mirabel's and Camilo's mix.
Mirable busted out laughing, holding her stomach in joy as well as Camilo who changed back, just feeling relieved hearing his cousin's laughter.
The curly-haired boy suddenly turned his head towards me, his eyes going wide like mine.
He had a likable face, totally the guy who my papá would forbid me to see even if he's a kid.

Camilo found you rather amusingly gorgeous, you look slightly like a royalty sitting with crossed legs, arms on your thigh, resting, while you were looking over the chaos that was the house. Your light yellow outfit flowed down on your legs, a few pieces of jewelry in your hair, and you had that serious look that the adults had whenever they scolded Camilo. He has never seen you until now, 'were you even from in the same town as he?'

He never saw you playing with the other kids, or being with anyone in general.
It was weird, Camilo always knew everybody in Encanto, but you caught his attention entirely.
He sensed you were not like him, even the complete opposite.

Maybe it was the way you were raised as you were growing up or the way your personality was.

He wiggled his eyebrows, a smile plastering on his freckled face, his eyes beaming at you.
I blushed very lightly,-almost impossible to notice to the naked eye-  keenly lending him a smile, letting myself relax a bit.
A warm feeling craved into my chest, swelling it with unbearable warmth.
His warm eyes fixed on me, the young, solemn child's blue eyes. The tension between you two was sparkling.

I quickly erased any hint of a smile off of my face, resulting Camilo grimacing at your reaction while confusion clouds over his mind.
He slowly stopped smiling at me, turning back to comforting his cousin who was clueless so far.