Chapter 8

"No, no, no!" Daisy exclaimed as she lifted the white duvet to double-check if she was wearing any clothes. She still had Daniel's large t-shirt on.

 "I'm fully dressed!"

"But you still slept with your boss on your first day at the job." Daniel teased her with a grin.

"It was literally only sleeping."

"I know, that's what I said." He laughed.

Daisy sighed as she watched Danny get up from bed wearing nothing but his black boxers. She swallowed hard and tried to divert her attention to something else while he was doing little stretches exercises by the balcony. He had a new tattoo on his shoulder, she observed. His curly hair was all messy and out of control which made Daisy enjoy even more the show in front of her. 

"You know, I've been practising that squat you do, but I still haven't mastered it." 

"Oh, you can't just say something like that and not show me." Daniel challenged her. 

"There's no way I'm doing it in front of you. You will laugh in my face." 

"Most probably, but get your ass up here now. Your boss is telling you so." 

"I  don't recall having signed a contract just yet..." 

Daisy jumped up from bed and joined Daniel by the balcony. She looked outside for a moment, standing barefoot on the iron rail. It was a beautiful sunny day. The skies were blue apart from the oddly shaped cloud. She regretted not having her camera with her at that moment. 

"It looks like a heart, doesn't it?" Daniel asked noticing what the young woman was staring at. 

"It really does..." 

"Maybe it's the universe trying to tell us something..." Daniel added. Daisy turned her face to him. He didn't seem to be joking this time. She scratched the back of her head.

"Maybe it's your girlfriend thinking of you." She said with a weak smile knowing she was at the risk of sounding petty. Daniel sighed as if he didn't want to think about Molly. 

"Come on, miss Jasper. Get down!" 

She groaned as she stepped down from the balcony rail. He wouldn't let go until she did a squat. 

"Here goes nothing..." Daisy said with a resigned sigh as she tried to imitate the F1 driver infamous move. 

"Not bad at all! Good effort, we'll just work on your flexibility a bit more and it will be perfect."

"Thanks for the tip, coach." 

Daniel laughed as he helped Daisy get back up. He concluded that he really enjoyed her company and couldn't imagine being without her again even if that meant that Molly would have to go.

*****

Daisy was sitting across from Michael who was right next to Daniel. They were travelling to Mexico on the private jet and there was a bit of awkward silence between them. She knew that Michael wasn't too convinced on the reasons why Daisy was joining the team and he was worried that she would be a distraction to the driver. She wasn't mad at the performance coach as she understood his reason to be suspicious. 

She wasn't a fan of too much silence and cleared her throat as she looked out the plane's window. 

"You know that you will have to use a uniform when you're with us, right?" Michael said as he observed the colourful attire Daisy was sporting.