"Morning, Mione!" 

She looked up as Harry plopped down beside her. 

"There you boys are! I thought you were going to miss breakfast." 

Harry waved her off. 

"Us? Nah. You'd have to worry about Ron, but Buck is an efficient alarm clock." 

Hermione raised an eyebrow at the big black dog wagging his tail, standing next to Harry. 

"That sure is one unusual dog you have there. How long have you had him again?" 

"Since I was four. I found him as a puppy, starved and mistreated, and took him in. Had to keep him a secret from my aunt and uncle though." 

The girl nodded. 

"Good moring Ron, good morning Neville. Here- Professor McGonnagal has given me your schedules as well- we have charms, then history of magic and lastly herbology- you might want to prepare yourselves." 

Ron looked at her in disbelief. 

"Are you saying we're supposed to study before the first lessons?" 

Hermione eyed him in slight distate. 

"Prepare for lessons, yes. It wouldn't hurt you, Ronald. Besides, the teachers might quiz us to see what we already know. They used to do that at my old school." 

Ron appeared scandalised. 

"That's mental!" 

He ploppped down on Hermione's right side and Neville sat down beside him. He quickly grabbed a roll and some jam and began stuffing his face, at which Hermione pulled a disgusted grimace. 

"What?", the boy asked. 

"You eat like a pig", she berated him. 

Ron rolled his eyes and Harry tuned their bickering out. 

Were you and Remus like this?

No. We weren't that bad. 

Harry shrugged to himself and began petting Padfoot's- or Buck's- ears while helping himself to a piece of toast and some strawberry jam. While he was eating, he struck up a conversation with Neville. 

"You like quidditch, Nev?" 

"No. I've never even been on a broom!" 

The little boy looked green at the thought of flying on a thin wooden stick. 

"Neither have I- but I'm really looking forward to it, perhaps I can play quidditch like my dad some day. He was a chaser- team captain- they even won the cup under his lead. I want to live up to his legacy. But I think seeker is more my position. It sounds much cooler." 

Neville looked sick and Harry worried his friend thought it was expected of him to like quidditch as well. 

"But it doesn't matter if you don't like it, as long as you cheer me on", he grinned, hoping to lift Neville's spirits. It seemed to work- the boy visibly perked up and the colour returned to his face. 

"Of course I will, Harry!" 

"So, what are you most excited about?", Prongslet continued.