Chapter 13 - The Reunion

The days had flown by since Lan Zhan returned to the Cloud Recesses. Almost as soon as he arrived, he was summoned to meet with his family.

"Wangji, you're back," Lan Xichen greeted him warmly.

"Mn. Shufu, Xiongzhang," Lan Zhan acknowledged them with a respectful nod.

"Wangji, what is this about you calling Sect Leader Wei and Madam Wei as A-Die and A-Niang?" Lan Qiren asked, his tone a mix of confusion and disapproval.

"Shufu, Xiongzhang, I want to marry Wei Ying," Lan Zhan declared, his voice steady and unwavering.

Lan Xichen smiled warmly. "I don't see any problem with that. You have my blessing, Wangji. I'm happy as long as you're happy, Didi."

"Xichen, are you supporting this madness? This is a shame to our sect!" Lan Qiren exclaimed, his face a picture of shock.

"Shufu, I don't want my brother to suffer any longer. You've seen what he became the moment Wei-Gongzi died," Lan Xichen argued softly, his eyes filled with concern for his brother.

After a long discussion, Lan Qiren sighed, admitting to himself that, despite his reservations, he wanted his nephew to have a happy life. "I will give you my blessings, Wangji, but only if you promise not to leave our sect."

"Mn, thank you, Shufu," Lan Zhan said, bowing deeply.

"Congratulations, Didi," Lan Xichen said, embracing his brother warmly.

Lan Zhan, feeling a weight lift from his shoulders, left to check on his bunnies. He had not seen them in some time, having spent all his time with Wei Ying.

---

Meanwhile, in Yuandao, the Wei family was enjoying their tea when Wei Ying brought up an important topic. "A-Niang, Lan Zhan agrees to train under Grandmother, so he and A-Cheng can go together."

"Mother, thank you again for offering my brother this rare opportunity," Jiang Yanli added.

"A-Li, you know I want what's best for our family. Family always comes first," Madam Wei replied with a gentle smile.

"Still, we're so lucky to be a part of this family, Mother. A-Li and I can't thank you enough," Jiang Yanli said, her eyes shining with gratitude.

"A-Li and A-Xuan are right, Mother. Wei Ning and I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for us," Wei Ying added.

"You're very much welcome, dear, and there's no need to thank me," Madam Wei said, patting Wei Ying's hand affectionately.

"Right, A-Niang, before I forget... I just received a letter from Lan Zhan. Old Master Lan and Xichen-Ge have given us their blessings for marriage," Wei Ying announced with a bright smile.

"That's great news, Xiongzhang," Wei Qiuyue exclaimed, clapping her hands in delight.

"Wow, finally, A-Ying, you will be getting married before me," Wei Biyu teased.

"Biyu-Jie, were you planning on getting married as well?" Wei Ning asked, his eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Who's the lucky guy?" Wei Ying added, curiosity piqued.

"Eh? A-Yu, why haven't you told your twin about this? Who is this guy?" Wei Mingsheng demanded playfully.

"My dear twin brother, I'm talking about the guy I've been seeing in the Heavenly Realm," Wei Biyu said with a sly smile.

"Biyu-Jie, do you mean that guy?" Wei Qiuyue asked, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

Wei Biyu gave a knowing look to her younger sister and giggled. Before the family could press for more information, a servant entered and handed a letter of invitation from Gusu.

"A-Die, what is it?" Wei Ying asked.

"It's an invitation letter for the upcoming class, inviting our heirs and disciples to join," Wei Changze said, reading through the letter.

"I'll pass on that," the younger twins said simultaneously.

"Same here," Wei Qiuyue added.

"No need for me, Mother," Wei Ning said, shaking his head.

"Of course, my children don't need it, but we can send some of our disciples," Madam Wei agreed.

The following week, the Yuandao SAnren Sect sent their disciples and Elder Kang's heirs for study. Meanwhile, Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng traveled to the Celestial Mountain to begin their training under the tutelage of the Wei family's matriarch. The days ahead promised growth, healing, and the strengthening of bonds, both old and new.

-------

Original Published Date
Dec 18 2021

Revised Version
July 23 2024