2

Xiao's POV

It was a beautiful sunny day. I enjoyed the view outside my window while sipping some tea. 

Everything was calm, I wished this moment could last forever.

"Prince Xiao!"

I sighed. The comforting silence just had to be interrupted.

"What is it?" I stood up from my seat and faced the maid that stood at the door.

"U-uhm..." The maid blushed and stuttered, looking down at her feet.

"The king a-asked for your presence."

"Understood, thank you for letting me know." I nodded and dismissed her. She quickly ran away covering her face with her hands.

What does that old man want from me now?

I opened a set of grand doors, each made from pure gold, detailed patterns lined the borders, perfectly symmetrical, I always thought it was unnecessary though.

I walked down the long red carpet to the middle of the room. An elderly man sat on the golden throne, casting a hard and stern gaze at me.

I kneeled.

"Father, you called?"

"You may stand."

I stood up. 

"Now, Xiao." My father cleared his throat. "I have been telling you to find a partner, am I right?"

"Yes, father, you are not wrong." I nodded my head.

"Well..." He stared at me seriously, "There is no need anymore. I have decided that we would pick a person by random to become your fiancé tomorrow."

I widened my eyes and looked at my father.

"W-what?"

"I believe you have heard me loud and clear, have you not?" He stared at me coldly.

"B-but father, what if we don't love each othe-"

"Xiao."

He sighed and walked up to me.

"This is for the sake of the kingdom, for the royal family. What would people think of us if they heard that you haven't found your significant other? You don't need to actually love each other, just fake it in front of others, that's it. I believe it's not hard, is it?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Be a good and obedient son for once, Xiao, that was all I've ever asked for."

He left the throne room, leaving me speechless. 

I stormed back to my room and locked the door. I jumped on the bed and buried my head in a pillow.

I wanted to scream so bad.

I turned my body around and raked my fingers through my hair. 

For the sake of the kingdom, he says.

Always for the sake of the kingdom.

What about me?

Forget it, I'm just an insignificant tool that deserves nothing.

No one cares about me.

I covered my face with my hands.

I feel so tired.

...

Feeling down just because of this small matter?

Pathetic.

Weak.

I understood why I didn't deserve to be loved now.

I needed to become stronger, right?

This is what my father wanted, right?

I can finally live up to his expectations, right?

...Right?

I looked out to the window, it rained. The raindrops fell rhythmically, the beats followed in order, I found it strangely soothing.

.

.

.

.

.

HELLOOOO

Author here! What did you think?

I'm not so good at expressing, but I hope it's good enough for y'all... 👉👈

The next chap is going to be Venti! And also where the plot really starts 👀

I totally *EHEM* have everything planned-

Hope you look forward to it!

(I edited it it's just too much cringe for me 0-0)