She stole a glance through the partition, he sat in front of her with sehra made of small white pearls. She could see his glossy eyes in between, fixed on her veiled form.

She felt warmth spreading her insides, and her eyes teared up in happiness, before a tear could leak she ducked her head down and tried biting the emotional urge down. Taking a long breath, she focused on the happy cheers all around her.

Their school friends, her and his college friends, hospital staff, his work associates, and all of their parents are close acquaintances. Sana did hate being a part of parties or the idea of dressing up but when it was the only once-a-lifetime moment, she had dreamt it to be special.

And this day has come out better than her imagination. Mudassar has made it all possible for her, He was the elder son of one of the most influential families in Hyderabad. Adami's were known for their wealth and status but them agreeing to her wish of simple marriage meant so much to her. It was all her in-laws and her family who were this supportive.

The buzz of talking came to an end as Imam Sahab, the nikah officiator took his place near the partition. Zohar greeted him with salaam. He started the ceremony and her breath hitched, ears perking at every word he would say to unite her and him. In a bond so mystic and precious.

The mahr amount was announced and she rolled her eyes at the huge amount. She knew her husband was rich but why flaunt richness so much?

The imam asked her father to sit beside Mudassar and take his hand, imam Sahab covered their hands with a cloth and started saying the verses.

"Do you, Mudassar bin Zohar Adami take Sana bint Wajid Qureshi as your wife?" he asked.

Sana felt her insides shaking and her hand clutched her lehenga tight.

"Qubool hai"

A tear dropped from her eyes and her lips tilted in a slow smile.

He asked again and he replied the same with conviction.

Sana heard her Ammi sniff and her lips trembled.

"Qubool hai" Mudassar repeated thrice, his voice was a little shaky.

Her vision blurred when her father rubbed the tears away from his eyes. She tried smiling for her father to see but the veil and partition blocked his vision.

"Do you, Sana bint Wajid Qureshi take Mudassar bin Zohar Adami as your husband?" Imam Sahab diverted his Question to her.

She tried speaking but couldn't, she nodded her head.

He asked again.

This time she whispered "Qubool hai"

She repeated the words one final time and her Ammi broke into tears. She took Sana in a tight hug and Sana clutched onto her Ammi. Aliza and Meher took her into hugs respectively, muttering congratulations with teary smiles.

She glanced towards him, her father, his father, her brother, and other males of the family stood surrounding him. Exchanging hugs and patting his back.

The partition was removed and they were made to sit side by side, a big heavy dupatta was used to cover them both, and glass was placed on the ground.

"Now you too raise your veils and see each other through reflection" Her elder sister Rubina instructed.

He was the first one to raise his sehra. She smiled seeing his face.

"You're not shy. Do it already" he urged.

"You're not impatient Mr. Adami" she teased. He was looking up when she rebuked "No. You can't look at me directly. Look in the mirror"

He glared.