'Grab the Ben&Jerry's and put in The Notebook' - Chapter Twenty-three

ابدأ من البداية

"Then don't think of it as getting over Jess, think of it as getting under Emily."

"You're sick - the misogyny of the world disgusts me." I joked.

"Okay - just let me know if you change your mind."

"I will dude, don't worry."

/ / / / / / /

I was on my way out of PE when I practically ran into Felicity. Or rather she ran into me.

"Felicity. Hey, watch it." I smiled at her.

"Sorry Danny, I wasn't looking where I was going. Sorry." She started to walk away from me; she looked kind of upset.

"Felicity," I called out to her. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine," she was looking down from me now but I could still see the tears in her eyes.

"No, you're not, you're crying." I pushed out my arms to hug her. "Come here." As we hugged I could feel her wet tears on my shoulder. "Now tell me what's wrong."

"There're just a lot of things going on in my life at the moment." She drew away from me.

"Like what, why don't you talk to me?" I took her arm and led her to the bench outside the PE block. She may be wacko but I wasn't one to leave a crying girl on her own.

"It's just home stuff," she looked away from me, "you don't want to hear about it."

"Sure I do, come on tell me." I tried to look as sincere and caring as I could - I wasn't that good at comforting people. "What's up?"

"My parents are," she paused. "My parents are getting a divorce and it's just really messy and I can't do anything about it because I'm here and not there and I just - ". She paused as the tears began flowing faster down her face. "I just am finding it really really hard."

"I'm so sorry Felicity, that's really crap." I ran my hand up and down her arm - that's a comforting thing to do right? "Is there anything I can do or?" To be honest, I was severely hoping she's say no - I wasn't sure I could be bothered with giving therapy to this girl on a regular basis.

"No, there's nothing you can do." She looked up at me here for the first time. "I think it would be fine if it was just the divorce but," she had stopped crying, "with Jess and Rachel just being so mean to me all the time and just belittling me constantly - it's just becoming too hard to bear."

"Jess? Is she being that bad?"

"You don't know the half of it. Yesterday with Rachel calling me a hoebag and a slut - that was really hurtful."

"Yeah I'm sure," wow, I never really thought of Felicity having feelings before but now I sort of felt bad for her.

"And that's not all. One time I was just walking in the corridor and she just yelled out at me that I was a bitch, in front of so many people - it was so horrible. And I just, I tried to push it to the back of my mind but it still just plays on me all the time. It's really not nice having someone call you that with loads of people around and have them judge you like that. I'm not a bitch and I try so hard to be nice to people and I just don't think it's fair to get called that, you know?"

"I know," Jess had never told me about that but it sounds pretty harsh. "Why would she say that?"

"I think she's angry with me for," she stopped and stared at me. "She thinks I have a crush on you or something stupid like that,"

"A crush?" Jess had told me that theory as well, but I never thought anything of it.

"Yeah, it's stupid." She tucked her hair behind her ear and looked up at me.

"Why would she think that you had a crush on me?"

"Because - ". She stopped once again as she nudged closer to me on the bench. Slowly she placed her left hand on my thigh and began running it up and down my leg. Her other hand went on my shoulder as she edged even closer.

And then she kissed me.

/ / / / / / /

SO!!!!

This is one of the most exciting chapters in the whole book so far I think!!! Firstly because of the fact that it's from Danny's POV and also because of the KISS!!!!!!

EEEEEEKKKK - As you can probably tell the story is just about to hot up and there's not long until THE GRAND FINALE. Well - I mean technically there is long to go but idk, hopefully I'll get in finished in a few weeks. At the moment I'm managing to do a chapter every other day. If I can keep that up then I should be done by like the end of may maybe?? I dunno, maths isn't my strong suit but somewhere around there! Anyway - how exciting!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT IT LITERALLY MEANS SOOOOO MUCH YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA. I'VE PUT SO MUCH TIME INTO THIS STORY AND EVEN JUST A LITTLE COMMENT OR VOTE IT MEANS THE ABSOLUTE WORLD TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE IS ENJOYING IT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and I'll talk to you babes soon - love ya!!!

~LunaCresta x x x