CHAPTER 62 : A DEPARTED PIECE OF ME

A series of events all collapsed  together, one after the other as Lan Zhan and Wuxian went ahead. XingCheng's  sudden suicidal death did startle the two but they couldn't do anything about it. It was something that couldn't be helped with and he had made the decision at the end of the day. At least they didn't have to worry about Xueyang anymore but that didn't stop the explosion of news that followed, the fire had taken storm over and their cheating scandal was still going on amongst others. Xichen worked hand in hand as they took their roles and unraveled the hidden details. One of their main focus was the security of the family; they had to ensure that the rest of them didn't get caught up among any  of this. They couldn't risk them getting hurt. Hiring private security detail was their best move. The boys, their mom and even Qiren were going to be watched over 24/7 to ensure nothing happened.

      Next was the company. Lan Zhan had alot to do pertaining the project as well as maintaining the status not to mention now that he had received  suspension due to the cheating scandal and his involvement with Wuxian. It had brought bad publicity to the company thus he was put off board until the end of the year. He was still in charge of the project just that he wouldn't oversee it in person until all had calmed down. Xichen took charge along with the rest of the involved team managers.

     All was underway until the winter hit entirely and all came to a complete stop for both of them.

It was an awry, gloom filled day as the car drove slowly up the lonesome, slanted hill road to the secluded area; distant from the city and people. The atmosphere was chilled with a frozen bit of gaited silence as well as expectant deep filled terror and panic. No word was uttered as Wuxian and Lan Zhan made their way, their words trapped in their mouths. They huddled with themselves as they parked the car on top of the snow covered hill. They were the only ones there.

    Dream like crystal snow flakes crushed under the weight of their sole covered feet, pushing through the frozen rows and columns ahead. Wuxian trembled, his body racking against itself while his very beating heart interchanged between sinking and splitting into pieces. He was mentally numb, spiritually exhausted and at the edge of his soul. His puffs of condensed air fogged his vision as he pushed his glasses up and walked on. Lan Zhan was calm as he usually was but you could see his inner self stilling at the moment they were sharing.

   "Wei Ying," Lan Zhan called out when he noticed that he wasn't paying attention. They were here. Wuxian didn't bother answering, turning  around and registered what was ahead of him. He was finally here. He knelt down, the black fitting trousers doing little to protect him from the thawing ice. Reaching out his hands,  he cleared away some of the collected ice on the granite headstone as he  wanted to see clearly.

     "Hi," he mouthed before giving power to his voice and adding volume.

    "I'm back...... I'm finally here Su ahhh.... I'm finally here my friend." he managed to utter as his fingers shook while he came face to face with the headstone.

Today marked the 17th death anniversary of Qin Su as well as the 6 other victims of the so called Winter Tragedy accident of the town. By all means, Wuxian had to halt all their plans to pay his first visit to his little sister. It had been tooo long.

          "I..... mmh - I..... I'm sorry - I'm sorry I'm late........ I'm sorry I didn't come as soon as possible...... Forgive me Su ahh..... Forgive me Qin Su..... Forgive...," he begged out loud as he fully opened up and took it all in. The hurt and pain was just like it had been that day of her death. It stabbed right through him like a searing hot sword, shattering his whole being. He crumbled at her grave as the suppressed grief and wounds finally had a chance to be released.