Father wouldn't listen to my pleas. I tried to beg for him to see me as his daughter, his only little girl, but all he saw when looking at me was the monster who killed her. And after watching him shoot Stefan and Damon both dead, I was left to rot underneath the church for over a century. 

I was awake for every moment of it. And I couldn't imagine a fate worse than feeling every organ and blood cell in your system turn gray and dessicate inside you. But now that I'm freed from the tomb, I've become prisoner to the vampires who sat beside me in the dark and cursed my name for a hundred years. I can't break out, because the sunlight burns my skin. If ever there were a sign of someone being evil, it would be the touch of the sun being a torture now. 

I don't know what to do, mother. I'm trapped here and they're going to hurt my brothers using me. If ever there were a time I needed guidance, mother, it's now. 

I wiped a tear from my eye and closed the journal, clutching it tightly to my chest. I dropped the pen and laid back against the frame of the bed, my tears stinging my eyes as they fell down my cheeks. I couldn't think of a way to win this fight, even if I tried to take a vampire on to gain his protection ring, I would lose. I've only been a vampire for a day and already I was wishing for my human life back.

I closed my eyes and silently prayed to my departed mother, remembering her calming voice and her scent of fresh lavender and pine. I remembered her wispy brown locks of hair, always curled and put up to keep her neck from overheating. Wherever my mother was now, I prayed she could guide me and cried as I tried to call to her.

"Please help me, mama…" I begged. "Tell me what to do..."

-

- † -

-

CAREFUL NOT TO burn myself again, I reached out my hand to pull back the thick, light blocking curtain. The sun had set, and its rays couldn't hurt me now. I shot a glare at the door that, if my ears didn't deceive me, a vampire named Laylette was standing guard at, keeping me locked in.

One thing I had to admit was wonderfully useful was my new immaculate hearing. Sound was so easily picked up now that I could hear and deduce precisely where an owl called out on his branch. I could hear everything downstairs, making out every syllable my captors were saying while I was stuck up in the room. 

By the sounds of it, everyone was in a riot about Frederick and Bethanne going out, deliberately disobeying Pearl's orders. I didn't have much time to get to know my tomb mates, but those names did sound familiar to me. Hopefully everyone would be too distracted by their ignorance of the hag's rules to notice anyone else slipping out.

Checking once more to see if the guard outside my door was paying attention, I swiftly and quietly crept over to the window to get a closer look at it. Personally, I didn't have any desire to return to darkness when almost two centuries had been spent drowning in it. But I had to get back to my brothers, and I would do whatever I had to in order to achieve that goal.

Window latches in the twenty-first century definitely had a few upgrades. For one thing, they weren't nearly as thick, and they actually could be moved by a feminine physique. That or my newfound strength just didn't see it as a challenge anymore. Either way, the latch clicked open with a single motion and I was one step closer to freedom.

Double checking behind me, I lifted the window pane on its frame and looked out of the space at the ground below. A normal person falling from that height would certainly break their legs.

But that's a pain I would endure gladly to see my family again. 

Before I leapt out to test that theory, I used some pillows to try to mimic a person hiding under the covers. I grabbed an old letter opener and sliced open my palm to smear my blood on the pillows' sides. Hopefully that would trick the monsters into thinking I was still there.