||Chapter Thirty One||

||Promises||

||Promises||

It had been a few days and Bucky almost couldn't handle it. No one had come to visit him, no one had told him it was going to be okay. He was isolated, just trying to find a way to end it, but there wasn't anything but a bolted down cot with blankets and a toilet with a sink.

"Steve!" Bucky cried out, tears coming out like a fast river. "Steve! I need someone to talk to! Fuck—k!" Bucky sobbed, choking on his words. "Please tell me you found h—her! That—t she's alive!" He continued banging on the glass. A door opened to the room that the glass cage was in.

"I don't c—care if I can't e—ever see—e her again! Just let me know i—if she's gone or not!" Bucky sobbed harder, replaying Knox's last moments in his head.

"They found remains Buck. She's dead." Steve said flatly as he walked around a corner with a dark skinned woman. She wore a red dress with gold jewelry.

Bucky sobbed harder, at this point there wasn't even sound coming out. Silent screams.

"This is Okoye." Steve said, not even grabbing the attention of Bucky.

Steve took this time to study Bucky's features. His hair was a complete mess, his clothes were torn from the soldier becoming so distraught. Food was still on the tray and the paper on the door says he hasn't eaten since he got here. He's extremely depressed. Steve didn't pay much mind to it, he figured Bucky would get over it soon.

"Let her go Buck. She's not coming back." Steve's voice sounded annoyed. Annoyed at the way Bucky was acting of this girl.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP STEVE!" Bucky yelled angrily. "You have no idea what I'm going through." He threatened.

"You really think I don't? You died to me remember? I thought you died when you fell off that train!" Steve yelled back. Okoye had the rudest face on towards Steve.

"If you remember so well then give him a break!" She said angry. "He had just lost the one who always understood him. Gave him hope. And brought him back up on his darkest and worst days. And you're going to treat him like this?!" She scolded causing Bucky to stop crying. "Get out of mine and his face, and let me do my work." She demanded causing Steve to put his head down and walk off.

Bucky had been staring at her. "Hello, James-"

"Just call me Bucky. Only Knox can call me James." Bucky spoke softly.

"As you with Bucky. I am Okoye and I am here to help you get rid of The Winter Soldier." She began the first session.

"What if I don't want him gone?" Bucky said.

"Then you would be going down a very wrong path. But I will tell you what. I will help you grieve for Knox, I'll be the person you can talk too. And the moment you are better, we'll check back on you becoming one of the good guys. Yes?" She was wanting to make a deal, Bucky hesitated. He remembers on what Knox said one day.

"You know." Knox said laying next to Bucky in the new place they had just found. They named it The Forbidden Palace.

"What is it, Doll?" Bucky asked, his hands behind his head, closing his eyes and enjoying the peace.

"Some times I wish I was a good guy. Like a hero. But I know at this point it's too late to turn back." Knox admitted.

Bucky furrowed his eyebrows at the girl. "What?" He chuckled. "Seriously? Miss Hydra working for the good guys?" Bucky teased.

"Wow thank you for letting me know my feelings aren't welcomed here." She scolded and began to get up.

"Oh come on Princess. That's not what I mean." Bucky protested, he sat himself up and watched her walk away. "Come back. Talk to me." He cooed.

She hesitated, but ended up turning around and coming back to him, straddling his lap.

"Well. I tried being religious when I was younger." She admitted, running her hands through his hair.

"My oh my." He said softly in a low toned voice, smiling at her. Watching her every move. He picked up his hand and brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Mhm. Some times I still pray. That one day I will be a good person. But I just know that my work is too much fun." She shrugged her shoulders in defeat.

"I'll tell you what. If something ever happens to you. I'll become the good guy. I'll fight for good." Bucky teased. "But only if something bad happens. It won't. But if it does, I'll be your good half. I bring out what is best in you." Bucky reassured, kissing the top of her forehead.

"That sounds perfect." She said softly, enjoying Bucky's hand on the back of her head, down to the back of her neck.

"Then it shall be that way. I promise to you." Bucky raised up his hand to her and put out his pinky. Knox chuckled and made a pinky promise with Bucky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~