A tear leaked out of her eyes, followed by a few more.

His face blanched "Hey! Hey, I'm sorry. Sana, don't cry" He gently lifted her and settled himself on her bed. Placing pillows around her he enveloped her in his arms "I'm sorry" he whispered in her ears, hugging her protectively "You're fine. Sana nothing happened. You're fine" he whispered sweet nothing in her ears.

She whimpered. The dread of being in an accident washed her mind and her heart clenched. The fear of not surviving, the fear of not saying goodbye to her family, and the fear of not completing any of her dreams hit her in force.

"I was...scared" she whispered.

"Shush! Love, nothing happened. You're fine" he kissed her hair and she gave in to his touch. It felt safe and calming.

The door opened and he looked up to find his sister and Doctor Maqbool. He brushed her hair away from her eyes and face and gently placed her down.

She started missing his touch. He tried getting up but her fingers held his hand.

"I'm going nowhere" he assured. He stood up and sidestepped to give the doctor access for her check-up.

"You really know how to give the best shocks in the world, Qureshi." Arif faked a glare. "Never I hated my job this much. When I had to check on you and you wouldn't wake up after the end of the day I regretted being a doctor. I didn't think I would see my best friend in a hospital bed"

The hold on her fingers tightened.

"I'm...sorry" She tried smiling but her lips shivered.

Mudassar touched Arif's shoulder, shaking his head a little.

The other man blinked and rubbed moisture away from the corner of his eyes. "So, Soldier ready to be on the other side? I'm going to be super bossy to you. Deal with it, patient."

Sana snorted but winced. "You...people really- need to...improve your...PJs"

"Didn't know you are interested in my pajamas" he laughed at his one joke.

She huffed slowly, thinking about her injury. "How...much I'm tattered? Any ...surgeries?"

"You had two. Your shoulder needed to be fixed. It'll need at least 5 weeks to heal and the humerus is fractured along with 2 vertebro-sternal ribs." she winced hearing it. "10 weeks complete rest and painkillers for proper breathing, you need to be careful with lung exercise to avoid..."

"pneumonia. I know" she cut him off.

"See, once a doctor, always a doctor" Arif shook his head in amusement. "No physical or mental stress Sana. Make sure of that."

"Yes noted...doc. Now give me.... OxyContin before I die with... this pain. It's hurting bad" she whined.

"Will you stop saying that?" Mudassar snapped at her.

"So...sorry" She realized the term she used, her near-death experience must have shaken everyone.

"It's all right, You are all right now." Arif butted in to cut the tension.

"Arif...Painkiller" She reminded him.

Yes, yes. You can have it but before that let me examine you" he said and started the regular procedure of check-up. He made some notes about her concussion and asked what all pained and to rate it on a scale of 10.

After completing all of his necessary checks, Arif glanced at Mudassar and the men conversed through gestures.

She was leaning back on pillows, eyes closed and resting. Little movements have exerted her. Meher slowly helped her back to sleep. "Get well quick Appi. You have a surprise waiting for you."