He was just 26 for crying out loud but the wolves were ready to pounce on him. Well, the same was going to happen tomorrow at his parent's 30th wedding anniversary party. The elites of Hyderabad city would be there, trying to steal a few minutes from the businessman Zohar Adami and the social worker Aliza Adami.

His phone rang from the center table, he dropped his book down and picked up the device, a big smile making its way to his face.

"Assalam-o-Alaikum, Ammi" he greeted answering.

"Wallaikum Assalam, Bete-jaan" the sweet voice made him sit straight. "I thought you'll be spending your night in the hospital seeing you hardly have time to come back home"

"Ammi-Jaan" he pouted grimacing "The new budget for the hospital was being evaluated. You know how demanding the work can be. Isn't that the reason you coerced Abba into early retirement?"

"Very good son, team up with your Abba against me. You're no different from that brat, Meher. She was Abba's princess already. You're changing the sides too."

Muffling his laugh, he decided to tease her more "My sweet Ammi, I'm coming home tomorrow so you can get me on your team again with your handmade dishes, what say? "

"Right. Now I need to bribe my own children. Great!" she scoffed.

"Ammi, my lovely Ammi" He shook his head laughing.

"Flattery will take you everywhere, Son but not with me." She schooled him but ended up chuckling along with him.

"Preparation all done? Did you make Fardeen change decorations thrice at least?" he asked, walking towards his room.

"He's such a stubborn man. Won't listen to me and then he keeps throwing his disappointed looks at me when I make him change it all over again. I tried telling him before but he doesn't listen. I doubt he loves going against me."

Aliza Adami was a woman really hard to please. She lived for her children but she liked things her way only. She had a say in almost everyone's life back home, the part reason why he moved out. He loved her but she can be really annoying at times with her constant need for perfection. Also, the social worker inside her was down-to-earth and humble but she carried the air of importance when needed, the reason why she was most respected both inside her work and outside in his father's business circle.

His father was entirely the opposite. The man talked when necessary, and kept to his work and his business. No interference in anyone's life as he believed in the virtue of privacy. He was the best secret keeper and a silent worker with almost zero complaints in the matter of the house. He had left whole reins of the house in his wife's hands, speaking only when it was utmost required.

He still wondered how Zohar Adami and Aliza Khan fell in love 30 years back. This was an arranged match back then but these two were the greatest example of love Mudassar had ever seen. They couldn't stay apart for more than a day. His parents had a pact of no long work travels. Max days they had been separate was three when they both had commitments and none could avoid them. They were the ideal couple for both Mudassar and Meher, his little sister. He adored the love they had.

"Make sure you're here before three hours max. I want no excuses." She reminded him

"Yes, Ammi I'll be there" he assured.

"Okay. Allah hafiz" She hung up before listening to his response.

"Allah hafiz" he muttered laughing at her antics.

Never does he want an escape this bad. Faking so much of smiles has made his jaw ache. He nodded as another of the couple stopped him and started the meaningless small talk. He answered as calmly as he could, eyes searching for a reason to walk away before they introduced either their daughter whom they wish to set up with him or a son they shoved his way in name of the business.