Diana plastered a smile to assure her brothers. "Diana..." Darcy looked at her in disbelief.

"I am serious, it is nothing..." Diana glared at him. "Besides she is speaking with another young lady as you see, she is just making her rounds." Queen Charolette was laughing with a young lady this time now all smiles and grace. At this, Darcy seemed disappointed. Dominic and Damien glanced at each other with amusement.

"If you say so sister," Damien replied. 

Diana watched as her brothers moved away losing interest. Eloise and Pen waited until they were out of earshot. 'In truth Diana, you looked very angry." Eloise whispered frowning. 

Diana shook her head and bit her lip hard. "The Queen has designs for the Prince and she believes for whatever reason I would be in the way but I assured her I was not."

"Ugh, it was just one dance." Eloise rolled her eyes.

Penelope looked at Eloise in disbelief, "Did you see how they actually enjoyed each other's presence!"

Diana looked at Penelope in horror. "Keep it down, we were just amused at what occurred the other night, that is all!"

"Diana, that was the first time I saw him actually flirt," Penelope said seriously.

Eloise shook her head brown furrowed, "I absolutely do not see that."

"That's because your idea of flirting is exchanging sweet words in letters." Penelope rolled her eyes. 

Eloise shrugged, "If he was flirting with her, Diana you do not seem interested."

Diana found herself unable to reply in the silence her two friends gasped.

"You were!" Penelope squealed.

"No! No! It's not possible anyways." Diana dismissed the notion, face flushing. "Look at him." Prince Friedrich was surrounded by beautiful girls that seemed to be designed for a life of a Princess rather than her. The handsome blonde man stood tall and acted very much like a royal, he attracted the attention of the females around him but his presence seemed to have gravity that drew in anybody, even stubborn ladies like her. 

"What of it?" Eloise asked. Penelope glared at her, "Seriously Eloise." 

"I-I'm not someone that should even be considered. I can be wildly inappropriate and who would be interested in a female who is restless, impertinent, and I just want more than pushing out babies." Diana said.

"Oh Diana," Penelope squeezed her hand. "Besides, how would you even know what he wants? 

Diana shook her head, "No, the matter is buried. Even the Queen enforces it."

"Is that why you are angry?" Eloise asked gently.

"It's just.." Diana tried to find the words. "I think I'm upset for the both of us. I barely know him and yet we are similar in that our life is dictated by other people." At this, an understanding fell in the silence between the ladies. 

"I am going to get fresh air," Diana announced. The best thing about friends is they understood each other and let her walk toward the terrace where she could be alone among people gathered in intimate conversation. Diana embraced the coolness that worked to wash away her tension and found a spot that overlooked the gardens. 

"Are you alright Diana." Dominic approached her. Diana nodded attempting to satisfy him with a smile. Out of all her brother's Dominic knew her the best.

"I'm just tired, that is all." Diana leaned on the cool marble, looking down into the gardens below. Shadows of people who dared to be shrouded in darkness moved about, a place where young single ladies of fortune should avoid at all costs. 

"Anyone we know?" Dominic peered over. Diana pinched him but couldn't help but smile. 

"I spoke with Darcy, I will be leaving home to go my grand tour," Dominic announced lighting his cigarette. Diana whipped toward him all her troubled thoughts now pushed away with the shock. 

"What! When?!? This is great news, Dominic!" Diana jumped and hugged her brother. "I shall help you plan!"

Dominic laughed. "You certainly will, I do not just want to do the typical tour on the continent there is more out there and it benefits to have a sister who does nothing but reading maps and pine to leave England."

"Yes of course! There are the Americas, the far East, and the Africas!" Diana felt herself ramble, thoughts of adventure invading her mind. 

Diana was truly happy for her brother but as she dreamed of new worlds to discover and people to meet, she envisioned herself on this grand tour. Longing lanced through her, single young ladies do not often go off on adventures like the young men of society.

"Dominic you will have to live for the both of us." Diana deflated, but she focused on her brother. "You will write, send me interesting trinkets and tell me everything." 

"Diana." Dominic said. 

"Perhaps, you can send me sketches as well, if you have the time of course." 

"Diana!" Dominic repeated pinching her. "Stop. I haven't even gotten to the best part." 

"What do you mean?" Diana smacked his hand away. 

Dominic grinned widely, "I managed to speak to Darcy about your...fanciful thoughts of travel and meeting the world."

Diana's eyes grew like saucers, "What!?"

"It is planted well and deep that you might come with me for some of it," Dominic announced. Diana managed to remember she was at a ball with Queen and her court and practically all of the ton, she fought the urge to squeal and jump and unleash all sorts of things to say and ask.

"Though Darcy believes it would be beneficial to get it out of your system, YOU will have to convince mother." Dominic placed his hands on her shoulders reminding her to stay calm. It was as if cold iced water had fallen on her head, her mother was fearsome even to those outside the family. Diana knew that she would need to carefully think of a strategy. A strategy that will require a way to break her mother's fierce and unrelenting campaign of finding her husband.

"That does present a problem," Diana said gravely. Dominic grinned, "I know but out of all us dear Diana, you are the best at figuring out the solution. 

//

//

//

A/N: Things are kicking into motion, my friends! More Prince and Diana time coming up and some major plot points. The next chapter is being worked up! Hopefully, my editing is ok, I'm a nightshift worker and my brain is fried. I plan on having a set schedule, with the holiday and new job I can only promise at least a chapter per week. Enjoy and please leave a comment and let me know what you think!!  

xoxox

Wild Child