Fuutarou: Well they only interacted once.

Yotsuba: But still he can consider him as a friend.

"How pathetic.”

Only one person had noticed how I felt, and she met my pain with derisive laughter.

“What? What’s pathetic?” I asked.

“‘I want someone to invite me along. I want to eat with someone!’ Your thoughts are like an open book," Horikita said.

Nino: Her annoyance isn't getting worse and worse.

Chitanda: She is treating Ayanokoji-San bad and he didn't do any thing bad to her.

But you’re alone, too, aren’t you? Haven’t you thought the same thing? Or do you intend to spend three years here without making a single friend?”

“That’s right. I prefer to be alone,” she replied quickly, without hesitation. It sounded like she was being honest.

“Why don’t you stop worrying about me and instead think about yourself?”

“Well, I…”

I certainly wasn’t proclaiming my intention to be social. Honestly, at
the rate things were going I might be unable to make any friends, spelling trouble for my future. I’d likely end up alone again, and that would make me stand out. It could make me a target for bullying.

Yotsuba: I hope this doesn't happen, I hate bullying alot.

Chitanda: Yeah this thing I will never tolerate at all.

The others agreed to them.

Less than a minute after the end-of-class bell rang, about half of the students had disappeared. Those who remained either secretly wanted to go, like me, were unconscious of their surroundings, or preferred being alone, like Horikita.

“Well, I was thinking of heading to the cafeteria. Anyone want to come with me?” announced Hirata as he stood. He was clearly one of those all around good guys. I had to take my hat off to him. In my heart of hearts, I’d been waiting for a savior to bestow a chance like this upon me. Yes, Hirata, I will go with you. I slowly tried to raise my hand, and…

“I’ll go, too!”

“Me, too! Me too!”

Mayaka: Maybe he is going to invite ayanokoji-kun.

Izumi: I think he will, he seems like the friendly type, so he will definitely will loners.

Girls gathered around Hirata one after another, and I lowered my hand. Why did those girls have to take his offer? This could’ve been my chance to make friends with Hirata!  You don’t need to jump all over him for lunch just because he’s kind of handsome.

Everyone was laughing at Ayanokouji's thoughts.

Satoshi: hahahaha, poor Ayanokoji.

Ichika: Honestly he should talk his thoughts out more, he has funny thoughts.

Remi: I agree.

“How tragic.”

Horikita’s derisive laugh morphed into scorn.

“Don’t just assume you know what I’m thinking,” I said.

“Does anyone else want to come?”