Suddenly, her phone, gifted by Gojo himself, began to ring. "Hello?"

"Seiko," someone called.

"What is it?" Seiko walked a few meters away from Toge and Maki, for a bit of privacy. 

"Sei-chan, I need you to come to Nanami's office," Gojo said over the line. "Now, would be great. He'll explain everything to you."

Seiko would be lying if she said she wasn't curious but listened anyway. "Alright, I'll be there in a second."

"Oh," Gojo said, "and Sei-chan?"

"Yeah?"

"Try not to be too surprised."

~*~

Seiko appeared in Nanami's office, yawning from drowsiness. She opened her eyes, not expecting to see the familiar pink-haired boy that had brought everyone grief.

She blinked at him, then turned to Nanami, who she hadn't seen in quite a few years. She didn't know how to feel, with so many emotions going through her.

"Seiko!" Yuji said, perking up once he saw the girl.

"Yuji," she said mindlessly. Seiko shook her head in disbelief. Her gaze turned to Nanami, and she nodded. "Hello, Nanami."

Nanami returned the nod, with a slight smile. "Seiko, it's been a while, hasn't it?"

Seiko nodded. "It's good to see you, Nanami."

Yuji looked back and forth between the two, eyebrows furrowed as they spoke. "Eh? Seiko, you know Nanami-san?"

Nanami nodded. "I've known her for a while," he said. "But, that's beside the point. Seiko, here, is going to be joining us to find Yoshino Junpei and stop him."

Yuji's eyes lit up almost sadly, as he remembered the true reason either of them was there. "Yeah..."

The blonde man glanced at his watch. "Let's go get coffee, and give a run down to Seiko about what's going on."

Ijichi was called, and he drove the three to a nearby coffee shop, that was pretty hidden and quiet. They found a table in the corner after Ijichi left, and Yuji volunteered to order their drinks.

Nanami and Seiko sat across each other. "How have you been, Seiko?"

Seiko knew what he was referring to, but chose to ignore it. "Same as usual," she with a small grin. "Stuck with Satoru and his childishness."

"You know that's not what I meant," he replied with a stern look. Seiko's smile slowly fell, as she stared at Nanami. "How are you? Really, Seiko."

She sighed. "Really, I'm fine."

"If you're fine," he said, "then have you told anyone about what happened in Beijing?"

Seiko scoffed, more at the subject than Nanami. "Of course not. There's no need."

"Seiko," Nanami sighed, pulling his glasses off to rub the bridge of his nose. "You need to tell someone about what happened. Satoru deserves to know more than anyone," he said with a frown. "Why haven't you told him?"

"Don't wanna talk about it," she muttered. "Gives me a headache thinking about it."

Both of them noticed Yuji making his way over, and Nanami sent her a look letting her know their conversation wasn't over.

Yuji juggled the drinks in his hand, placing each one in front of the designated person. "What were you guys talking about?" he asked, once he sat down beside Seiko. "You looked pretty serious."

"The past," Seiko replied. "So, what's going on? Gojo said you'd explain everything."

Nanami briefly explained the situation, about the boy, Yoshino Junpei, and the humans taking the form of a curse.

"Mahito," Seiko thought aloud, moving around the drink in her cup.

"D'you know him?" Yuji asked her, his head tilted. Nanami raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," she said, "I met him in Beijing."

The blonde motioned for her to elaborate.

Seiko glanced away, scratching the side of her neck. "He actually...helped me escape," she said quietly.

Nanami's frown deepened, whereas Yuji looked confused. "He helped you escape? From what?" Yuji asked curiously, though he was ignored.

"Do you harbor feelings for him?" the stoic man asked.

Seiko smiled lazily. "And if I did, Kento-san?"

"Then I'll make Gojo take you out of this mission."

"I'm only joking," she snickered in reply. "But no, I don't. It's more of...a thankful feeling."

Nanami nodded. "Then, I'd assume you'd be okay with killing?"

"When aren't I, Nanami?"