Long Live the Queen:

Start from the beginning

Hayley blushed heavily when Klaus lifted her hand to kiss the ring while maintaining eye contact, "Rest well, Hayley." before leaving the room.

The she-wolf was sitting there contemplating whether she should slam him against the wall the next time she saw him.

Eve was awwing at the story Hayley remixed into making her and Klaus lovers and not whatever the hell they currently are.

Mary got her bearings after hearing the story and shook her head, "If that is so, then Hayley you will not be able to become alpha unless you break of your engagement."

Hayley tilted her head, "Is that so, Mary? Because are you not the one who told me that the Crescent wolves are mine by birth right?"

Mary nodded, unaware of where the she-wolf was going with this, "Yes?"

"I have to marry Jackson to unite the packs not become Alpha to a pack that is rightfully mine as I am the last Labonair. So there will be no marriage between myself and Jackson and I will be taking my rightful place as Alpha to the Crescent Wolves."

Mary shook her head and stood up, "As current Alpha...

But Mary didn't finish what she wanted to say because a chilling voice cut in, "Did my fiancé not make herself clear Mary Dumas, or has your hearing gone hard in your old age?" 

Everyone in the tent froze at the voice except for Hayley, "Klaus." she whispered when she turned to face him with a smile even though his name burned her throat when it came out of her mouth, but her tongue seemed so addicted to uttering it allowed.

We're a lot alike, you and I, he once whispered carelessly to her hopeful brown eyes, not knowing she had already wanted more. 

To hear more of his pain and regrets so maybe, just maybe, her own won't seem so dire and pathetic.

But at the end of the day when tears were in her eyes and fell from her cheeks, his arms always seemed to find her waist.

 The man who's name struck fear in the heart of millions.

The man's name you would only utter with a flashlight under your chin.

The man who had killed more people then she cared to fathom.

That very same man made her feel safe. 

Safe. 

A word she knew was never mentioned in the same sentence he was ever in.

Being safe with Klaus Mikaelson meant you had truly lost your path and were desperate for even a touch of safety after living your entire life in fear and darkness.

The adopted misfit tomboy who forced herself to become acceptable and girly to society's eyes and the tainted bastard son of a werewolf raised by a abusive Viking whose paranoid mind would one day lead his way to hell covered in blood.

They were outcasts from both of their beginnings.

And that is why Hayley smiles at him while others stand frozen in fear.

Because he understands what it's like to break themselves to be acceptable in someone else's eyes.

For him, his father.

For her, her brother.

We do not feel, and we do not care.

Words he has unconsciously lived by for centuries yet he finds himself smiling in front of her, simply because given the choice, given the opportunity, she chose to stay.

While everyone had deemed him too much a monster to be even considered redeemable, she held his hand and promised to never leave.

Little Wolf and the Hybrid.