Wolves in the Forest

"I'm not Hayley Marshall

"I'm not Hayley Marshall."

Those are the first words she says to Tyler Lockwood who woke up from the sedative she gave him.

Tyler glared at the she-wolf from his chained position on the floor.

"Stop playing around Hayley," he growled in anger, eyes flashing in warning.

Hayley only watched him from her seat on a chair in Dwayne's cabin.

Dwayne who is currently unconscious with a needle stuck in his neck.

She still couldn't believe that Tyler Lockwood was in front of her.

Tyler Lockwood who should have had the whole "long lost heir to a werewolf bloodline and becomes a leader" storyline on The Originals.

Not Hayley Marshall.

The way Tyler was vilified, shunned and discarded on this show angered her.

Hayley was disgusted by Klaroline especially with the way they went about it was so ugly. 

And a lot of that is cause of the Tyler treatment. 

It disturbed her how Tyler was literally a slave to a white man, and then tried to free other slaves and his mom gets murdered in the process. 

And Tyler is somehow the wrong one for wanting revenge? 

And the fact people compare Tyler wanting revenge for his mom and Klaus petty vendetta against Katherine is disingenuous. 

And Tyler could've been such a badass werewolf. 

Then when the Klaus shit was finally over, they made him act like a weak nobody. 

He was always being tranquilized by Damon or Liv and never really part of the action. 

And of course they made him a drunk fool for Sheriff Forbes funeral. 

Since when is Tyler a drunk? 

That was so random and unnecessary. 

Just like with Bonnie, the writers isolate Tyler and don't really want him a part of the main events unless it's to be a prop or tool.

And Hayley always thought that people tend to overlook just how badly Tyler was treated, compared to Bonnie, because Trevino is white passing and Tyler is supposed to be a White character. 

There was no need to villainize Tyler to make KC canon. 

Considering that KC doesn't even get to be endgame, Julie has vocally stated how much she disliked the ship and really just used it to whip up ratings.

Tyler's death is just not worth discussing.

It angered Hayley to no end how Damon Salvatore killed Tyler Lockwood.