Long Live the Queen:

Start from the beginning

"Andrea," Mary began.

"Hayley," the pregnant she-wolf cut in, making the occupants of the room (Eve, Jackson, Mary) look confused at her so she explained further, "Despite being born Andrea Labonair, I would still like to be referred to as Hayley Marshall seeing as I've lived as her."

Mary nodded in understanding but annoyance had flashed across her face.

"Hayley," Mary began again, "I understand that this is all quite sudden especially with you being here on a full moon."

Hayley placed the tea down on the table next to her and tilted her head at Mary Dumas to show she was listening despite already knowing what the blonde woman would say to her.

Mary gestured to the brunette man who was leaning against the wall and staring at Hayley intently ever since she walked onto the campsite.

"This is my son Jackson, he'll be helping you adjust around the pack and our customs and it will also be a good opportunity for you two to bond."

Hayley narrowed her eyes at Mary, "And why would myself and Jackson need to bond?"

Mary swallowed at the look the Labonair descendant was giving her but she still answered, "You and Jackson are in a marriage arrangement from when you were children. Your parents and me and my husband had signed in order to unite our packs."

Hayley looked at Mary for a while before shaking her head, "I decline to the arrangement."

Eve whipped her head from where she was making another pot of tea, "But why?" Not demanding, only curious.

"I'm already engaged to Klaus," Hayley stated, as she lifted her hand to show her engagement ring,  the small golden ring engraved with an M.

"I beg your pardon?" Mary asked, voice tight as she stared at the ring in shock.

Hayley put on a confused face as she placed a hand on her stomach, "Did you think that I was pregnant without a fiancé?"

Eve smiled at Hayley, saddened by the fact that Hayley wouldn't marry Jackson but was happy that Hayley was happy, "How did it happen?"

Hayley placed her hand on top of Eve's, "Well..."

A.N. It was in Chapter It's a Girl

Flashback:  

Hayley couldn't stop beaming throughout the hug that Klaus had initiated with her.

"Ok, OK. Pregnant woman." Hayley reminded Klaus as she patted his shoulders to tell him to stop spinning.

Klaus stopped spinning but continued to hold her in his arms as he carried her to the sofa.

He placed her down, his arms leaving her waist and travelling up so his hands cupped her face.

"What?" Hayley asked, when Klaus still gazed at her.

Klaus only shook his head and kissed her forehead gently.

Hayley.ex stopped working but she still heard him say, "I have been meaning to give this to you."

She blinked away the fog covering her mind and looked to see Klaus holding a ring in his palm.

Hayley.ex went to stop working again but Klaus began to talk, "With our plans to take back our city, enemies will always be around the corner which is why I need to be sure you're safe. Power is another way to keep you safe, Little Wolf. The Mikaelson name is power and people fear it."

Klaus lifted her hand and asked with his eyes, May I?

When she nodded her head, Klaus slid the ring onto her finger, "This ring will protect you from those who wish you harm. They will understand what the M represents and who you are protected by."