Chapter 7

Chapter 7

  It turns out Kieran still had plans for us after left Park KayBlair.  I figured we’d just go to one place, and that would be it, we’d go home, and meet up with Jamie or something.  Kieran thought it would be a great idea to go to a movie theatre.  He brought a brown curly hair wig, perscription glasses, and a somewhat ugly pair of clothes so that he could sneak into the theatre unnoticed.  Then he told me to call him Kye.

  Personally, I thought this was a really bad idea.  Not only could it be considered a date, but one slip up would mean fans all over him.  Possibly resulting in the trampling of plain old Naia. 

  But Kieran insisted, so I had no choice.  I braced myself as we walked in the theatre, holding my breath.  I had to link my arm through Kieran’s though, because he didn’t really need perscription glasses, and he brought real ones, probably not realizing he could have bought fake ones.  I figured it looked suspicious, but he was good at faking his ability to see with me leading him.

  It just looked like we were a happy couple.

  We decided to see a movie called Done it Now.  It was a dancing movie with great reviews, and I loved dancing so I was excited.  We bought our popcorn and drinks, and sat up in the back row, hoping to remain unnoticed.  A few people glanced at Kieran with looks of disgust, and when I looked at him, he just smiled and winked at me.  I guess when you know you’re a God underneath an ugly disguise, you don’t get very embarrassed. 

  “It’s amazing how shallow people are,” Kieran whispered beside me.  I nodded in agreement, and was about to say something, but the movie started, and a person in front of me turned around and glared, so I snapped my mouth shut.  I heard Kieran chuckle.

  The movie was as good as I thought it would be, so I was quite satisfied when it was done.  Kieran looked slightly ruffled, and I couldn’t figure out why.

  A light tap on my shoulder made me jump and spin around, only to come face to face with the two people I didn’t want to look at right now. 

  Kayla and Bridgette.

  Both looking as preppy and slutty as ever, Kayla of course more so.

  “Oh my God, Naia, how are you?” Kayla exclaimed.  My eyes narrowed at her fake tone.

  “I was doing just fine,”  I muttered.  I watched as the two of them looked up and down Kieran, trying to figure out who he was.  He pretended to be shy, to hide his eyes from them.

  “Who is this?”  Bridgette asked, looking disgusted.

  “This is my… friend, Kye,”  I replied, trying to come up with a  good lie.

  “Just your friend?  You guys look like a great couple,”  Kayla said, smirking. 

  At that moment, Kieran shot his head up, to glare at her it looked like, and Kayla and Bridgette caught site of his face, and more importantly, his eyes.

  “OhmyGod, ohmyGOD!”  They both shouted at the same time.  “KIERAN BLAIR!”

  And then he was gone, lost in a swarm of fans, as I was pushed unceremoniously out of the way.  I caught site of his glasses sailing through there above everyone, and wondered how that happened. 

  And then I just felt sad.

  I waited a few minutes to see if he would somehow sneak out, but he never did, and the fans continued to swarm him, some of them 40 year old women.  I shook my head in disgust, and walked out of the theatre.

  I felt like crying.  This was why I hated fame.  This was why I didn’t want to become close to Kieran.  Even if he was a real friend, this would happen every time we tried to go somewhere public.  It wasn’t worth it.  I felt awful, I almost even felt ditched, even though it wasn’t really his fault. 

  When I got to mom’s car,  I realized that Kieran had the keys, so I pressed my forehead to it and took a deep breath.  I didn’t even have a phone with me.  So I just sat on the hood, and waited, hoping Kieran would be able to get out of there. 

  About a half an hour later, I caught site of him, exiting the theatre, and looking very anxious.  When he saw me sitting on the car, he bolted to me, keys in hand.  Without saying anything, he unlocked the door, motioned for me to get it, got in himself, and then drove away as fast as he can.  The first few fans who noticed he was missing were just starting to come out of the door, looking around. 

  When we got on the highway we were both silent.  I was too miffed to say anything.  About 10 minutes into the drive, Kieran finally spoke.

  “Okay,” he sighed, “you were right, bad idea.  I’m so sorry.”

  “Don’t bother,” I said rudely. 

  I saw him glance at me worriedly out of the corner of my eye.

  “What?” he asked.

  “I said don’t bother.  I don’t need your apology.”

  “Why are you angry, you know I can’t help it,” he said, frowning.

  I kept my face forward and said, “You’re famous.  This is why I don’t want friends.  Something disappointing like this will always happen.”

  I started when he glanced in the rear view mirror and pulled the car to a stop on the side of the highway.  He turned it off.

  “What!?”

  “You heard me. Start the car.  I want to go home.”

  “No.”

  “Yes.”

  “No.”

  “Please, Kieran, don’t do this.”

  “I don’t get it,” he growled.  “We had fun today.  Sure, the fans got in the way of a little but of it.  But why are you letting that spoil the whole day.”

  “Because I can.  Can we go now?” 

  “I’m not starting the car until you’re happy again.”

  “Fine, then I’m walking.”  I unbuckled myself and got out of the car.  Kieran followed suit, going around the car and following me down the side of the busy highway.

  “So you’re one of those people are you?”  He shouted at me. 

  I turned around and glared at him.

  “You’re the kind of person that runs away from everything.  You don’t have friends because they’re all fakes.  You don’t have friends because you afraid.

  “I am not afraid!”  I shouted back.

  He walked up to me.

  “Prove it.  Get back in the car.”

  “I won’t.

  “Please?”

   A car honked its horn and I jumped forward, into Kieran’s arms.  When I looked up, he was smiling slightly. 

  “You’re going to get hit by a car if you try to walk on the highway.”

  I shook my head, caught up in his eyes.

  His expression softened completely, and then, on the side of a busy highway in L.A., Kieran Blair leaned down hesitantly.

  And kissed me.

----

OOh I love this chappy :O  Hope you guys do too ;)

Comment and vote!