Chapter Two

• Dedicated to Catluver2121

My head is gonna burst with all the ideas so I do the simplist thing. Write it down... :D

Do the normal

Vote

***

******

***

Comment

***

******

***

And enjoy!!! ;D

*****************************

Chapter 2

Nico...

The Haunted cries of the night...

I groaned and leaned forward on the ancient table belonging to one of my ancestors. Pure oak polished to perfection. Thinking about everything made me feel sick. We had everything that we wanted. What more was there to have and then we had it get punished. Our parents were taken away leaving my elder brother and two younger sisters behind to this world of utter torture and cruelty. Our parents the rulers of this Kingdom of Coraal had been murdered. Food poisoning, they say. This Kingdom had signed an alliance with our neighbouring Kingdom. But I didn't believe the alliance would last any longer since both King and Queen of a powerful Kingdom had passed away leaving us in a tight and weak position. The perfect time for an attack.

My eldest brother, Damon was the crowned prince and was worried sick about everything. His wife was seven months pregnant and was ill from a disease that pregnant women only carried. She was weak and could slip away from him anytime. He had lost his parents who from the four of us he had been the closest to. He had the worries of the kingdom and becoming king including the opposition that was waiting for a chance to strike. And finally he had the curse to hold him down. It wasn't really a true curse but it was a strain and was meant to be a curse. The curse that went for all men of our bloodline. The curse that kept us from loving and having the woman that we loved stay with us more than one year. We could find love if we found the seeker or as some said the saviour of our race and brought the person to the safety of our Kingdom. Our parents never married for love that was the reason why they have four children. I knew the curse would take long to break and knew it wouldn't break it my lifetime so I never took an interest in any woman no matter how tempting it was to me. The men of our bloodline were also cursed to immortality to make it worse. Living for ever without love can be excruciating and I wasn't going to stick around for it forever. Many of my ancestors had killed themselves after a while. One still lived though. My uncle. He lived a quite life in the mountains secretly believed by all people besides our family and most trusted guards to be dead.

I rubbed my eyes and looked out of the library's window. It was sunset. My gaze wondered over all the books here. Collected through centuries and centuries, treasured by man after man set here. Every topic that could be though of was here. Every one of them ancient and different holding different secrets of great people. I looked at the soft, black rugs covering the floor and wondered what would have happened if I wasn't born to this family. The possibilities were endless.

I sighed, standing up and walking to the window before opening it and looking into the dark forest in front of me. It was a beautiful view with the palace's grounds stretching on and than the main city of our Kingdom, Zalksa followed by the dense forest and then the mountains. The forests grew around the city and the palace. I moved away form the window and opened the doors leading to the balcony. They opened without a sound and I walked out to come to a different view. I could now see the palace's wide maze which had a pond in the middle followed by the forests and than the ocean.

I leaned forward on the railing and closed my eyes. I stood still for a few moments than heard a heartbreaking scream from the forest. Birds rose in shock as animals ran out of the forest into the maze. I winced and all of sudden the scream was cut of completely. I frowned and looked at the forest again.

"Nico! Nico!" A frantic voice called from the inside and I spun around to see my two year old sister in a frilly purple dress, Alice running to me with tears running down her cheeks. I immediately went down on one knee and opened my arms. She ran into my arms and I locked them protectively around her as I stood up. She held me in a tight grip with her hands around my neck and her legs around her waist.

"Oh Nico!" She sobbed into my shoulder as her dark brown hair moved in the wind, "What happened? It was a girl screaming wasn't it? Oh, Nico! I hope she didn't get hurt."

"Shhhh... It's ok Al. She's going to be alright." I said soothingly.

She pulled back and I looked back into her puffy ice-blue eyes. "How do you know?"

I smiled and answered as the howling of a wolf was heard in the distance, "I just know, sis."

***********************************

And you would not belive the relief my head is feeling right now... hey!! That rymed. Belive and relief. ;D

Do the Normal

Vote

***

******

***

Comment

***

******

***

And enjoy!!!

:D

************************************