Chapter 1 - The Starting line/Alex's pov

Alex walked down the hallways, groaning. "I can't believe I already have to start coming to this hell hole". He had known high school was going to be horrible since elementary, to be honest, he thought school, in general, was horrible. He, an introvert, never was sociable and never made lots of friends. His only friend, Asher, is popular for a highschooler and pretty busy, which basically means they didn't see or hang out with each other as much as they would want to.

While Asher was hanging out with his friends and making new ones, Alex was banging his head on his locker because he didn't remember the code to his lock.

Alex stood there looking at his locker. He started to look around, hoping no one saw how stupid he looked. He had noticed barely anyone was there. Not really thinking about the situation, he took off his book bag and looked at the paper that was supposed to have all the information he needed to get through the day.

When he finally found the code he started fidgeting with the lock, trying his hardest to get it open. When he finally got it open, almost 15 minutes later, he had 40 minutes before school started. School had started oddly late, he switched to public school at the start of high school, he was in charter school up until then. He and Asher have been in the same schools their whole life, they were both very intelligent and since their parents knew each other, they were pushed into being friends.

Speaking of parents, Alex's parents were wealthy middle class, his father worked at a huge company and his mother worked on and off at a nearby building, she also had an OnlyFans she doesn't think anyone knows about. (We all know Rebecca)

Asher's parents were middle class as well, they could be called "Wealthy" but they didn't have nearly as much money as Alex's family did. Asher's father worked as a doctor in a huge hospital, he wasn't always home or there for Asher but he tried. Brandon's mother was a stay-at-home mom and a teacher, she used her days off to spend with family and for alone time. You could say they were a somewhat "perfect" family.

Alex had finally put his things in his locker when the school started flooding with teenagers. Alex took out his phone, hoping to avoid contact with others for the remainder of time before class.

He silently scrolled through his fyp on a social media platform called "TikTok". He watched randoms on the internet use the same songs and/or dance moves over and over in hopes to gain likes, views and followers. His Fyp had been corrupted with the straight tik tok virus after bingeing a bunch of Charli D'amelio videos. He made tik toks himself but would've never admitted it if you asked him. If you asked him, he probably would have said nothing and just stared at you until you went away or dropped the question.

He had followers of course not as many as someone like bell porsche or whatever her name is. None of his followers knew exactly who he was in real life and Asher didn't even know he had a tik tok. He acted differently online then in real life, he could create a personality for himself on the internet and no one would ever know. It was like he was showing off who he wanted to be but not who he was.

As the first period bell rang, he turned off his phone and walked to class. On the way there he saw a rather big group of people surrounding Asher. He wanted to go up to him, but the thought of being surrounded by so many people put shivers down his spine. He didn't know how Asher did it. Luckily for him he would be in the same class as Asher. Coincidence, I think not.